A year after losing 1/3rd my body weight [follow up!]

Options

Replies

• scrach
    scrach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you! So good to hear a successful maintenance story.. The idea of gaining back everything I have lost/will lose, fills me with dread (been there too many times before!). But am determined that this is it now - and your story proves it can be done :)

Well done!!
  • sheenabeenabobeena
    sheenabeenabobeena Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    wow, thank you for taking the time to post your story. I am at the beginning of my journey, it helps to see others have made it. I have given up soda and fast food(for the most part) and it has helped a lot.
    You should pat yourself on the back, you deserve it! WAY TO GO!!
  • RoxyLDN
    RoxyLDN Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! You have done really well and you look great!
  • zombabe90
    zombabe90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :) Whoa! Awesome job!!
  • tzeoli86
    tzeoli86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. And on maintaining your healthy weight. After a year of keeping off the weight, do you still log your food daily? Or have you started trusting yourself to judge?

I will say the biggest thing, that most people DO NOT want to hear, is that totally cutting soda out of my life, 100%, including diet, was probably the biggest help. I did it right away and havent gone back (yes, everyone can have the OCCASIONAL diet coke or whatever with dinner or in a mixed drink, but other than that, no), and I think it's a huge part of my success. All I drink these days is water, juice (on occasion), coffee, and alcohol. Not at the same time obviously! :D

I have heard that people lose a ton of weight after ditching soda completely. Unfortunately, I can't cut something I never consumed in the first place! If I ever had soda once every two months, it was a lot for me.
  • 1stladygigi
    1stladygigi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amazing story and such an inspiration. Soda was my main problem but I have slowly been cutting it out I'm down to maybe 1 in a 24 hr period. More water for me...
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Well done! I too started at 302lb & am currently at 216lb & slowly going down but feeling the benefit in so many ways.
    My favorite is every time I buy a new pack of knickers they are a size smaller!!
  • SabKab16
    SabKab16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! I read your entire story. It really is such a big achievement!
  • debbieHOC
    debbieHOC Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats.. you look awesome. I am just beginning this journey and the Success Stories are my favorite. It motivates us and we are cheering you on!
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Awesome job at losing it and keeping it off!

And OT, but good luck with the Copa.
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you-you've done an AWESOME job!:drinker:
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    Fantastic results! Good for you, thanks for sharing!
  • sherimacquarrie
    sherimacquarrie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread! Keep posting from time to time to remind folks!
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing! Congratulations!

Great to hear your feedback on the soda too... Thankfully I've never had the addiction but it seems like such a common thread with people who've had big weight gain problems - and apparently one of the hardest things to quit! Then there are all the reports on the diet sodas actually making people crave sugar as well! I can see how it's a nightmare to get away from...
  • bex_86_
    bex_86_ Posts: 92
    Options
    Awesome job!! You look amazing :)
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great. Thanks for sharing; very motivational! :flowerforyou:
  • Spunky50
    Spunky50 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! What in inspiration not only to others but also to your son!!
  • erika_urthmama
    erika_urthmama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!