What? I gained 10 pounds in one day?

Options
2»

Replies

• cindybpitts
    cindybpitts Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Eat some foods with potassium..bananas. They help rid the body of fluid.
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Drink water, eat some bananas and it will balance out. I've gained as much as 8lbs in one day, not so much from over eating, but what I ate...salt really seems to affect me that way.
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    OP has cancelled her account. No sense responding any further. Strange...

Strange indeed, but then again, considering how rude people can be for posting on the main forums in replies both here and messages, I can see how newbies are discouraged. Ah well.

Next topic? :)
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    I can't believe there are people who seriously think you can gain 10 lbs in one day.
  • GnomeLover1984
    Options
    So you ate 35,000 calories? I think your scale is just whack.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Not another one!
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I'm a little concerned as to why you're so swollen? Exercise shouldn't do that to you, but I can promise you that your weight gain is due to water retention. The question is why??? 10lb's is really a lot of water weight! Are you having any problems with your breathing? If you are coughing a lot, or having trouble catching your breath, please go to the hospital. I've never heard of anyone gaining that much weight from water retention without having a medical condition. I know I eat way too much sodium sometimes, and thanks to that plus TOM, the most I've ever gained is 4lb's overnight. Obviously, there's no way I could gain that much from fat, overnight, and there's no way that you could gain 10.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your impending 10lb poop.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your impending 10lb poop.

:laugh:
    Can you imagine the sheer relief after passing that? Wow - most babies are born weighing less than 10 lbs.
  • momhartman
    Options
    You CAN gain 10 pounds in a day! It's water weight. Combined with being really swollen and feeling lousy, shortness of breath or pressure on your lungs it is a serious condition. It's called congestive heart failure. Anytime you gain more than 2 pounds in a day it's water weight. I would suggest anyone gaining 10 lbs a day to set an appointment with your doctor now! And if you start feeling worse or anything go to the ER. Sometimes it can be caught before the actual heart failure and controlled with daily weighing diuretics, and other health measures.

Lemon can help if you are trying to get a little water off. I think vinegar can too.