working out with a cast

Options
okay, so i finally got the exercise thing down and then went and broke my arm! :frown: i've got a cast on it for 4 more weeks. my doc said it's okay for me to exercise in it, but it's already not that pleasant smelling...:ohwell:

has anyone else dealt with working out with a cast? what did you do for exercise and how did you deal with getting sweaty in it?

Replies

• walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    okay, so i finally got the exercise thing down and then went and broke my arm! :frown: i've got a cast on it for 4 more weeks. my doc said it's okay for me to exercise in it, but it's already not that pleasant smelling...:ohwell:

has anyone else dealt with working out with a cast? what did you do for exercise and how did you deal with getting sweaty in it?
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    During a football game I broke my elbow, shoulder and collar bone i was put in a cast that wrapped around my chest down my arm and went from the waist to the neck. I worked out but not with the arm that was affected and I do remember the women steering clear of me. The doctor empathized with me and the only suggestion he had was after shave down inside the cast to help mask the odor.

I later found that the harder part was the itching that had to be solved with something long, rigid and yet soft enough so as to not break the skin open and cause infections.

Good Luck these next few weeks and keep your arm down wind of your friends :laugh:
  • walnut
    Options
    oh no, that sounds terrible! that is a lot of cast to wear.

thanks for the suggestion and the laugh! you just gave me an idea - i am thinking maybe baking soda??
  • walnut
    Options
    Anyone else??