New and Ready

Options
:flowerforyou: Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site and am very excited:laugh: I have the typical story, the one where I have tried everything to lose weight and I don't stick with it. I am tired of coming up with excuses...I'm ready to make a real change. I am married with two beautiful children and the issues I have with my own self esteem have kept my family from doing many things.:sad: I have struggled the last four years with my weight and have lost a couple pounds and gained double the weight back. I used to be really athletic with volleyball, basketball, you name it, I did it. I let myself go. I want to lose 75lbs, but am starting with the goal to lose 45lbs. I graduate from college in a year with my B.A. and boy have I worked hard to get to this point in my life. I want to receive my B.A. on that podium and be proud of my both accomplishments(college degree and weight loss):drinker: I ask for all of your encouragement and advise for easy and healthy snacks I can prepare so that my day is not consumed with migranes. Any advice is helpful and again I am excited to embark on this journey with you all:wink:

Replies

• marlo87
    marlo87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi im new here as well! I wish you luck on losing weight I know how difficult it can be, ive struggled with it my entire life and managed it ok and pregnancy seem to put me over the top! I hope we can help eachother with our goals! and Congrats on the B.A. in a year!
  • romero2006da
    romero2006da Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks:smile: That would be great if we could support eachother through this weight loss journey. Its going to be tough, but all things that are worth it..... are not easy. We should give eachother tips weekly on one thing that was beneficial for us during the week. Well lets keep intouch and keep updated...Good Luck!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: