I'm new and lost as can be!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Mjwright1
    Mjwright1 Posts: 2
    Options
    :laugh: You are not alone. Hang in there! I'm new as well and in need of support! My motto is do it or don't do it at all!
  • oldtrubs
    oldtrubs Posts: 30
    Options
    Im new as well! Feel free to add me. I can use all the support I can get :happy:
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    im up for making new friends, so feel free to add me you like .
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. New here too. Tomorrow is my 1 week anniversary, my 1st weight in.

Please add me as a friends. We have all been the newbie at one time.

You are going to do great. You have taken the 1st big step.
  • doinitforreal
    doinitforreal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    First of all, everyone is absolutely correct...of all the diets and lifestyle changes I have made, MFP is by far the best I've ever uesed.

When you set your goals, us the recommended....let them figure it for you. They take your current weight, your goals (2 lbs per week, 1 lb per week, etc) and your lifestye....then figure the amoung of calories you need to burn your goal. They also figure your BMR, which is essential to set your daily caloirc intake. It is important to eat your calories. I started out WAY below the recommendation...when i started eating closer to the daily allotment, I began to see results. I know you are supposed to eat your exercise calories, too...I don't normally do this, but remember that I do have them on special occassions. I know that it doesn't make sense to eat all your calories....we've spent our life giong below calories....and that obviously didn't work or we wouldn't be here...LOL:)

You have made the first step...asking for help. Regardless of the length of time you have been trying to lose weight, we all have experiences on what worked for us & what didn't. And what you read on here are only suggestions. You have to find what wokrs for you!~and stick to it:) Good luck!!!! And I am very proud & excited for you!