Increased to TDEE; Weight Gain?

Options
HMVOL7409
HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
So I finally caved and increased my calories to what TDEE recommends minus 15%. I just want to lose a few extra pounds over the next 4 weeks then I should reach my UG. I've been at the same weight for about 6 weeks but have definetly dropped BF%. However I need the energy with my training. My concern? Weight gain. I was eating between 1200-1400 now I'll be up around 1700-1800. What's the likelyhood I'll add extra weight? I'm afraid the numbers might derail me in what I need to do and set me back. Has many seen an increase then lose it quickly?

Replies

• tchrmom04
    tchrmom04 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I increased a little bit at a time and never saw a weight gain at all! :) I was at 1200 and was barely losing any - so after reading everyone's responses I moved from 1200 to 1300 - and that week lost 4 lbs! So after 2 more weeks I moved to 1400, still losing. About 2 weeks ago I moved to 1500 and am still losing (this past weigh in I lost 2.4 lbs!). I also eat all of my exercise cals (and have a HR monitor to track them) and my BMR is 1582. So I'm actually not even as high as I should be yet. Baby steps...baby steps! :)

And it has REALLY helped with the energy for my workouts! I workout 6 times a week - 2 times a week I do a Body Pump class, 1 time a week a yoga DVD, and 3 other days are cardio workouts.

Sherry
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    When I finally took the plunge, I stayed in the same plateau for about a week, then the scale started moving. Don't worry, once your body gets used to the extra fuel, it will release the lbs!!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Yea I increased to 1350 then 1400 but didn't see a thing. I lift heavy 4 times a week, HIIT cardio for 30 mins 3 of those days then marathon train 3 days. I have 1 full day off completely. My marathon training is more important to me than anything so as I am getting into my long runs, I so need the energy.