Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard

Options
2»

Replies

• gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind when you say "meal replacement" you should be looking for a balance of macros. Gold Standard WHEY, you're getting just that. Protein with very little carbohydrates and fats. Be sure to balance it out by adding some oatmeal and a gob of peanut butter for example. Pop a multi vitamin with it and you'll be getting something pretty close to shakeology.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I've got the vanilla ice cream flavour, and it really does taste like melted ice cream.

I've heard elsewhere that the choc mint and double choc flavours are good too, but not found them yet.

Edit to add- the container says it's not intended as a meal replacement, so you would def need to add stuff to make a meal of it.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Best protein powder I have ever tried! I love the vanilla ice cream, delicious strawberry and chocolate malt. Am dying try the cake batter. I blend with unsweetened almond milk and ice. with the strawberry add some frozen strawberries and tastes just like a strawberry shake. the vanilla ice cream I add frozen fruit like blueberries or rhubarb too or even pumpkin. Really anything. They are so good. I usually drink one as a meal replacement and make a huge shake...about an hour before I work out.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Occasionally I will mix it with a little low fat or full fat yogurt and fruit to get something more balanced and use it as a meal replacement.

I'm more likely to have a shake with a salad for lunch or drink one after my workouts. I like chocolate the best, but cookies and cream is also good. I mix the cookies and cream with coffee, skim milk and a little ice to make a nice healthy alternative to Starbucks drinks.
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    Yes I would use my 1%milk, peanut butter and prob a banana like I would with shakeology. For sure be adding things to it.

Thanks for all the tips

Maybe I'll try chocolate malt, Or cake batter first ....
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    i have the 100% casein one from the same company. i have it at bed time, for recovery. the chocolate one, made with milk then microwaved - its genuinely nicer than hot choc :)