Nurses

Options
Betsybeee
Betsybeee Posts: 113 Member
Happy Nurses week! Nurses: Advocating, Leading, Caring

It's time we cared for ourselves, isn't it? Who out there is a Nurse? I am an RN, past SICU and now in Case Management. This is the time that I am caring for myself, to become healthy, fit, slim, and strong.

Replies

• Kasm296
    Kasm296 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am an pediatric psych RN...Happy Nurses Week :)
  • Lovely135
    Lovely135 Posts: 161
    Options
    our job is so demanding, sometimes we forget or don't have time to eat our lunch. If we are not well mentally and physically we cannot take good care of others. Happy nurses week:love:
  • kbolin
    kbolin Posts: 4
    Options
    YAY! Happy Nurses Week- I'm a nursing student. I just finished my second semester- only three more to go!!! i've got the summer off so i am focusing on myself and hoping that it clicks for the future and not just for right now!!! Motivation and dedication are key!
  • lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello from Massachusetts! :smile: I've been a nurse at MGH for 9 years, and I work in the Cardiac Surgical Step-Down Unit. I decided to get into shape before my co-workers have to take care of me. Good luck in your weight loss efforts!
  • Symplee37
    Symplee37 Posts: 1
    Options
    Happy Nurses week! I'm a LPN for 5 yrs main focus is Home Care. I have a large family and will be getting married in August. My fiance and I are both overweight with health problems. Well I started the process and we're both on our way to becoming Fit and Healthy :-)
  • Rommel_V
    Rommel_V Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nurse, but Happy Nurses week to all RN here at MFP!
  • Betsybeee
    Options
    How nice, thanks!
  • Betsybeee
    Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Good luck to both of you!
  • sweetmelissa40
    Options
    Hey all! I"m an RN...15 years in Women's Services. Happy Nurse's Weekl!!!!!
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Certified Nursing Assisant for 14 years, Happy Nurses Week!!!
  • NurseAshoRN
    NurseAshoRN Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Happy Nurses Week! I'm an LPN in the LTC setting and am currently in my 5th term (of 6) of RN, graduating in September!
  • theNurseNancy
    theNurseNancy Posts: 149
    Options
    I'm not a nurse, but Happy Nurses week to all RN here at MFP!

RNs aren't the only nurses, guy.

Happy nurses week fellow nurses. Dont forget to pick up your free cinnabon by tomorrow at participating locations!
  • MrsLeibas
    MrsLeibas Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm an RN on an Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit in San Antonio, TX.

Happy Nurses Week to all nurses on MFP!!

I agree with the other poster as nurses we often forget about ourselves, at times skipping lunches or quickly grabbing something unhealthy, even though we know we should make a better choice.

Lets all support one another through our journeys to lose weight and get healthy!

Nurses feel free to add me so we can support each other!
  • Only1tracie
    Only1tracie Posts: 31
    Options
    Happy Nurses Week. I'm just a medical assistant with a job that is mentally and physically demanding. I work with traumatic brain injuries.
  • mpankratz79
    mpankratz79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Happy Nurses week!!! This is the year for big changes. Been a nurse for 12 years, 4 in the ICU...trying to remember to take care of myself so I won't be the patient someday. Here's to being strong, healthy, and slimmer.
  • sweetmelissa40
    Options
    Happy Nurses Week. I'm just a medical assistant with a job that is mentally and physically demanding. I work with traumatic brain injuries.
    Never say "just a". Your job is every bit as important as anyone else's!!! :)
    Thank you for what you do!!!!
  • poli22
    poli22 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse too. 39 years! I'm teaching now, and having lots of fun!
  • Julissagood
    Julissagood Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How fitting that Nurses' Week is celebrated around the same time as Mother's day. To all nurses who nurture, care and comfort under the most difficult circumstances, I say "thank you and God bless you"!

I have been a nurse for nearly 20 years and have enjoyed different roles throughout my career. I am currently working towards my Master's degree.

Happy nurses week,:flowerforyou: you are all very special.
  • hthrld
    hthrld Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Happy Nurse's Week to all the MFP Nurses out there! Med-Surg Nurse here!
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse in training got one more semester and I will be an LPN.. so excited..