Give me your best salad recipes!

Options
heyhaleylee
heyhaleylee Posts: 31 Member
Do it! I'm trying to get back on track and I need recipes. Right now, I'm diggin' the salads. The more, the merrier (and skinnier)!

Replies

• cutethang1
    cutethang1 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I love mine with some protein- usually chicken breast or ground chicken, and lot of veggies - usually brocolli, cauliflower, tomatoes, cucumbers. Then I add some salsa and some light tatziki. The tatziki and salsa take it to a different level.
  • Koorogi
    Koorogi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love to make a tossed mixed greens with baby spinach salad. I add basil leaves, black olives, and grape tomatoes to that. Sometimes I add red onion slices if I want a bit more zing and very thinly sliced mushrooms if I'm in the mood. Then I take a Frigo Low Fat String cheese and dice it up (I specifically like Frigo Cheese Heads brand because they tend to be firmer). Dressing can be whatever. I personally like either an extra virgin olive oil/balsamic vinegar mix or an Italian dressing. But that's totally up to you.

You can also easily add meat to this, but I like it veggie style.
  • stephaniekneld
    Options
    strawberries, red onions, spring mix and fat free sugar free honey mustard dressing

orange slices, slivered almonds, red oinion, and spring mix... make the dressing with olive oil, vinegar, and use some orange juice too.

beets, pecans, spring mix, and goat cheese sprinkles

all veggies... cauliflower, broccolli, tomato, cucumbers, green peppers , red peppers, onions, and black olives.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, walnuts, and poppyseed dressing is my favorite in a salad!
  • emilysuelemus
    emilysuelemus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like to shred baked chicken breasts, add avocado, and walnuts...with any veggies!
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    there was a several page thread on this earlier this week - a simple search should turn it up for you. hopefully it helps! there were lots of yummy ideas on there.

the thing about dinner salad that i changed up recently was moving from store bought salad dressing to homemade. it's healthier, cheaper, and you can make exactly the quantity that you need. store bought dressings are full of preservatives and sodium - i think the low fat/low sugar options are the worst about this too!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    darker greens, hot peppers, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, avocado if you have any layin around

dress with: MUSTARD mixed with SOY SAUCE. trust me!!!! so good :D
  • ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Options
    Romaine lettuce
    Dried cranberries
    Feta cheese
    Cherry tomatoes
    Avacado

Easy on the feta and cranberries though =)
    with balsamic dressing
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    My usual salad contains:

spinach
    romaine
    cucumber
    tomato
    carrots
    banana peppers
    light ranch
    a sprinkle each of shredded cheese and sunflower kernels

I usually have either Tilapia or chicken with it.
  • s41e6
    s41e6 Posts: 15
    Options
    Baby spinach, crumbled reduced fat feta, grilled chicken, sunflower seed kernals, balsamic vinaigrette

Iceberg/romaine mix, baby shrimp, cherry tomatoes, thousand island dressing

Spring mix, blue cheese crumbles, red or black grapes or berries, walnut pieces, raspberry vinaigrette

Hearts of romaine, shredded parmesan, sliced leftover steak or other meat, caesar dressing

Italian mix, diced pears, hazelnut pieces, red wine vinaigrette
  • jfeh
    jfeh Posts: 30
    Options
    Not salad, but best salad dressing:

Rebar Balsamic Vinaigrette

3 garlic cloves, minced
    1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
    1 1/2 Tsp honey
    1 1/2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
    1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
    1/4 Tsp cracked pepper
    3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

This dressing makes me crave salads! Delicious with spinach.
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks for asking on salad ideas, I was in need of help in this area too!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    today i tried:

broccoli
    crab
    mango
    tomato
    cucumber

dressing: balsamic

it was excellent and super filling
  • Lainnee
    Lainnee Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Snag!
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    For me, if the meat I put on my salad has good flavor, I can use way less dressing and other toppings and enjoy the salad more. I like to do 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot with a mix of soy sauce and lime juice and minced garlic on low for 8 hours, then shred it and store it in the fridge for all week. I like romaine lettuce topped with thinly sliced onion, minimal blue cheese crumbles, and chicken. Other things I love to add on rare occasions (but up the calories) are craisins, bacon bits or toasted almonds.
  • zoeelizabeths
    zoeelizabeths Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love a good Greek inspired salad
    - mixed greens
    - kalamata olives
    - feta cheese
    - cucumber
    - red onion
    - some basil if I have it
    -balsamic vinaigrette
  • bigerrrn
    bigerrrn Posts: 1
    Options
    A mix of baby spinach and butter lettuce with walnuts dried cranberries and goat cheese and top it off with a little fat free balsamic. I could eat this everyday and never get sick of it!
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    -spinach
    -feta cheese
    -dried cranberries
    -almond slices

and walden farm 0 cal balsamic vinaigrette
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I normally don't eat salads but I was lazy and decided I would throw a bunch of stuff together... It actually turned out good and has a lot of protein...

Romaine lettuce
    Onion
    Mozzarella
    Kraft full fat ranch (didn't have low cal) /:
    1/4 cup beans (black, refried, whichever)
    a can of tuna
    Hard boiled egg
    and a tomato
  • kaygault
    kaygault Posts: 1
    Options
    My new favourite is mini orange slices, blue cheese, and pecans. I normally just use a bit of a italian dressing, or mango chipotle.
    One of my tried & true salads is dried cranberries, goat cheese, red onion and sliced almonds. Again, I stick with the italian dressing, or just do a simple balsamic vinegar and oil.