Subway, uneven cuts when you order a 6inch?

Options
directorj
directorj Posts: 537 Member
It might just be me but when you order a 6 inch they take a footlong and slice it. They don't cut it right in the middle but instead cut it slightly shorter resulting in giving you a smaller slice.

Is this just an illusion and it's actually in the middle?

Check this one out:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-H9p2ZrV-ojs/T0KFou0ezsI/AAAAAAAE1zg/OdzNXRvyebw/s1600/SUBWAY+Cold+Cut+Italian+Bread+Foot+Long+Submarine+Sandwich,+Subway+Subs+Fast+Food+Sandwich+Restaurant.JPG

I don't get it :angry:

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Yeah they're not the most precise ever!
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Actually I've noticed just the opposite. I always think they cut a little more than 6 inches! Also, I feel like the amount of meat slices they put have increased. They used to be measly about it and now suddenly there's too much meat.
  • HeHealsMe
    HeHealsMe Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My daughter worked there..first job..nah, they don't really care.

But, I did notice, that when I'm my hungriest, I get the "shorter" 6 inch...::sad:
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Actually I've noticed just the opposite. I always think they cut a little more than 6 inches! Also, I feel like the amount of meat slices they put have increased. They used to be measly about it and now suddenly there's too much meat.

This! The only reason i stick to subway and not any of the other places is because they have less meat and you can tell them what veggies and how much you want.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    But, I did notice, that when I'm my hungriest, I get the "shorter" 6 inch...::sad:
    every.single.time.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    every.single.time.

FOR SURE!!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but the sub in the pic is making my mouth water!!!
  • directorj
    Options
    Anyone ever requested to get the bigger slice? I always wanted to but I don't want to feel like a cheapskate. :laugh:
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    they all taste the same.. why?.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    every.single.time.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    i think they most deff. give you the smaller piece ... the next person after us is the lucky one ! why do they always change the way they do things...they should go back to cutting the bread from the top and putting in the meat !!
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I thought size didn't matter? :laugh:
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    :huh:

okay... seriously.... i work at subway...
    and i bake the bread.....

the bread always ALWAYS comes out differently. Not one loaf of bread is the same EVER.

When I cut my foot longs, for my customers, I cut as close to "in half" as I can. I THAN look at both 6 inches and choose the bigger for the customer, because i do CARE to a degree. If they really don't like it, they say something, but I usually never have problem because i make bomb sandwiches, especially if you are a good customer :wink:
    But not all sandwich artists are like me.
  • emmersbear
    emmersbear Posts: 2
    Options
    Anyone ever requested to get the bigger slice? I always wanted to but I don't want to feel like a cheapskate. :laugh:

I used to work at Subway, and I had people ask me for the larger side. I always tried to slice as evenly as possible though. I actually had customers that would ask me to cut a fresh 12inch for them because they thought the piece I got was too small. :)
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I always get the foot-long for the less expensive cost-per-unit and I can always put half away for later.
  • directorj
    Options
    Great to hear all this! I thought I was the only one lol
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I always get the foot-long for the less expensive cost-per-unit and I can always put half away for later.
    this...
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Especially when they had that $5 Footlong promotion going on. Also, I put on a lot of weight during that time!
  • skmeyer7143
    skmeyer7143 Posts: 11
    Options
    I used to work at Subway and it really depends on who makes your sandwich... I am kinda borderline OCD so it would bother me if everything is symmetrical and even. However, there are others who really just don't give a dam and cut where there feel like it. Some cut big, some cut small.... like I said, it all depends on who is making your sandwich.

Hope I could help :happy:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Subway restaurants smell like homeless people.