Healthy dinner meals using veg, protein and grains?

I hate going on diets because I can never stick to them, but whenever I try to eat clean, I always end up eating something bad and fatty :ohwell: I have created my own meal plans for breakfast, lunch and snacks but I was wondering if anybody could help me with a few meals for dinner? Thank you :happy:

Replies

• Krittyteen
    Krittyteen Posts: 3
    Sure buddy, here are some examples that I cook often for myself

1. 2 pieces of chicken breast with vegetables + a small salad
    2. 2 pieces of chicken breast with a small portion of pasta + salad
    3. Beef patties mixed with vegetables + a small portion of carbs (pasta/rice)
    4. Brown rice with chicken breast + vegetables
    5. Organic beef sausages with a side of salad

Obviously you can't eat healthy all the time, this is why I allow myself a cheat meal or two every. However, with the cheat meal I dont go all out, everything in moderation is the key. Anyways, hope this helped with some ideas. Also having tuna with rye bread + salad is one of my favourites. Tuna is really cheap and packed full of protein :)
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    any kind of fish grilled/baked -white or red with lemon juice..hmm burito maybe without corn pancake
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Oh try soups too they are very feeling Ok I am russian so russian borth, salyanka (basically meat with cabbages), can be buckwheat soup They are all healthy Can't gain weight on soups even in theory
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    This was my dinner tonight:

IMG_0047-1.jpg

9oz shrimp grilled on skewers
    1 cup black beans (unsalted)
    2 whole grain rolls.

It's about 741 calories for the whole plate, but you could adjust this according to your needs. Swap the beans for broccoli and only do one roll, and you're <450 calories.
  • SunnyFitt
    SunnyFitt Posts: 34 Member
    Try not to get stuck on chicken for lean proteins. There is so much else. Like lean beef :þ) All sorts of peans (like chicken peas and soyabeans and lentils). Eggs/egg white, shrimps and all sorts of fish.

Eating chicken and vegetables every day will make you give up in no time.

Also - don't go easy on the spices, just the salt. And try new vegetables and tastes. It's amazing what some fresh ginger, koreander and light coconut milk can do for your chicken/fish/lentils.

Have fun coming up with delicious healthy foods!
  • ajhr
    ajhr Posts: 92 Member
    Try a stir-fry!

Your choice of vegetables - aim for mostly leafy greens (bok choy and cabbage are great) and make sure everything's sliced pretty finely.
    Meat of choice - cut into strips or mince

Brown your meat quickly in a large frypan or wok with a little oil then add your vegetables. Make sure you've done all the prep work before you start cooking!

Serve with rice.

You can buy ready-made sauces or use your own seasonings to add flavour. I usually use garlic and chilli and sometimes ginger and add a drizzle of soy sauce once it's on my plate.