how to make fish?

Options
13»

Replies

• rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    basa (vietnamese catfish) is not fishy and so flaky it falls off your fork, try this recipe, so delicious:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cajun-baked-catfish/detail.aspx
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to why nobody has mentioned smoked fish. It almost completely overrides the original flavour.

Smoked mackerel, haddock and salmon are my favourites. Just bake, and away you go.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    Does shellfish count? If so mussels are high in protein and super low in calories, my basic moules marinere comes in around 150 calories per portion

Soften 2 chopped shallots and 2 crushed garlic cloves in 1 tbsp of butter, use a large pan with a tight fitting lid.
    Once soft but not browned add 25ml of dry white wine and roughly 1kg of live mussels, put the lid on the pan and let it steam til the mussels open
    Once open add 10 ml of cream (i personally prefer elmlea cream substitue) 2 tbsp of chopped parsley and 1 tbsp of chopped chives.
    Stir and ladle into bowls

It only takes a few minutes to make, smells of a creamy wine sauce and looks like you've had a chef round to cook for you

Is this for 2 or 4? my kids love mussels, as my recipe is throught the roof calories wise I have been avoiding them - Gonna do this at the weekend - Thanks
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    just made an awesome low cal tilapia tonight

2 4 ounce fish fillets
    1 tablespoon butter
    1/4 cup crushed cornbread stuffing mix (dry)
    seasonings to taste (about 1 tablespoon)
    (tonight I used Weber brand Mango Lime Seafood. Weber brand is AWESOME and usually cheap!)

preheat oven to 450, spray nonstick on baking sheet, rinse and pat dry fish, add stuffing mix to bowl with butter and melt in microwave about 30 seconds (or until butter is completely melted), stir well, use half the stuffing mix on each piece of fish, bake for 10-13 minutes (or until fish is done)

ends up being under 200 calories!

if you ever need any ideas let me know, i just got an amazing lowcal cookbook last month :-D
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Properly fresh fish isn't supposed to smell.
    Just buy your fish straight from the market and use it as soon as possible.

The easiest way is to salt/pepper it and just bake it in a pan with a little bit of olive oil.
    Don't turn the heat up to high, just on medium.
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I had flounder the other day :smile: I made it in the microwave