New interests and hobbies

Options
I've lost almost 40 pounds since I started this lifestlye change back in april. Since that point I've noticed ALOT of changes in my life as far as my activity goes. I know this must be the same for others as well. So for those of you that are well into your lifestyle change what's one activity that you do now that you didnt do before. If your a newbie what an activity that your starting and enjoy or one that you would like to get involved in on a regular basis.

I've always enjoyed running but since my lifestyle change I've made it an important part of my weekly schedule. I view it as a way to get away and clear my mind now instead of just a way to burn some calories. I also started a small potted vegetable garden (kudos to all you gardeners out there this is tough work) and found that it can be a creative way to get a mini workout. I also make excuses everyday to get out and spend time in the sun.

What are some things that your into?

Replies

• freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    I used to enjoy a leisurely walk before I made all the changes in my life. But now it is all about how far I can go each day. The other night I went 10K, I had no tntention when I left home of going that far, but it felt great!! I remember when I used to hate when I couldn't get a parking spot close to the store, now I could walk to and from the store from my house!!!! And running was something I only did if someone was chasing me, now I am excited when I run, just for me, no one behind me making me do it. I love this new life!!:smile:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I now HATE sitting in front of the TV! It's such a bore now. Before, I made my schedule around the TV schedule. Now the only thing I sit still for is Biggest Loser (during season) and Grey's Anotomy.
    My hubby likes to lay in front of the tv ALL weekend and that is just repulsive to me now!!!
    I just have energy to do stuff now!!

Memaw
  • jjohnson0882
    Options
    I don't know if I'd call this an activity, but since I've joined I've started cooking more (actually preparing meals) and cleaning the house. Before I started this site I'd get home from work, plop on the couch and only get off it to throw something in the microwave or oven for dinner. I'd let dirty dishes sit in the sink, and not clean up any of the messes around the house because I was just too lazy to do it.

Now when I get home from work I don't even turn on the t.v. I'll spend about 30 minutes picking up around the house and maybe (learning to) play my guitar for a bit. Then I'll start on dinner with meals that actually take preperation. I love trying out new recipes and don't even mind if they take me 30 minutes to prepare. And now I'll actually do the dishes when I'm done! :smile: