Stopping MFP

Options
Do you think once we've hit our goal weight we can stop recording everything or its a permanent job?

Replies

• giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I think that it's personal preference. Me? I'll probably always log. Somehow, someway. The moment I stop holding myself accountable will be the day I go back to the way I was.
  • lowash67
    lowash67 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I will always have to track what I eat. Its seems to work for me. This is the only plan that I have found to have worked for me.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I think it is up to the individual, how motivated you are to keep eating healthier, how close attention you pay to things like percent of carbs/fat/protein, will you be accountable to yourself for what you are eating, how close you actually pay attention to the the number of calories in what you normally eat and will you continue (or start) to exercise? I am fairly aware of calories in what I eat, so I should be okay. I will continue to weigh myself, and if (or when) I start to gain more than a couple of pounds, I will likely come back to tracking my food again.
  • blustar8
    blustar8 Posts: 5
    Options
    I find that if I don't track what I'm eating I tend to eat more, especially of the bad stuff. It's like that old saying out of sight out of mind, If I can't see the actual numbers, I don't think about it.
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I quit logging everything I eat. I'm active enough now where it doesn't seem to matter. I eat whatever I feel like eating. I know certain foods will make me run slower so I try to avoid them when I plan on a long or fast run. I also try to get the right carbs before running and then protein after. Otherwise I don't worry about it.
  • kolakross
    kolakross Posts: 39
    Options
    Personally I have as a goal to at the end feel as if I have enough control to not count calories. I want to be able to understand how much I can eat without getting unhealthy again. It's a personal goal.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I see tracking as part of my new lifestyle. This is not just a diet that I will complete and then stop.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Logger for life
  • SewingLynx
    SewingLynx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ummm--I kind of thing it's a lifestyle once you change to it. But I do think that you're good to go on auto-pilot for a while if you feel confident about it. I have been doing this for years and I take breaks once in a while. But with MFP I actually am excited because when we travel (travel a lot) I can keep it updated and keep my mind focused around my diet/training. So, you could give it a shot, but come back to it when you need to. Or just keep using it to stay connected with friends who need your support.