really weird, bad dreams...

Options
yentasdoitbetter
yentasdoitbetter Posts: 82 Member
soo im starting this new chapter in my life...and i feel great during the day about my new decision making!

but while i sleep im getting horrible dreams, anxiety, and waking up crying. i'm having bad dreams about death (my cat that died this past winter) and last night drempt that i took a pregnancy test and was pregnant (was NOT happy about that!)

anyone else ever get this? seems to be this past week or so since i started making these diet n exercise changes that its been happening.

Replies

• mojomcgee
    mojomcgee Posts: 50
    Options
    Hi. I've heard that when you make a dietary change it can cause bad dreams because of toxins leaving the body (especially if you're drinking the water in addition to the exercise). It should pass if that's the cause. Sometimes we just go through dream cycles and you're probalby anxious about all of it and the dreams might be your body's way of releasing it. I have found that Tylenol PM works great for a good nights sleep with no sluggish feeling the next day. Hope this helps:) Good luck.
  • ClarkOMan
    ClarkOMan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yep! I was dreaming I went to HE double hockey sticks, was devouered by the devil himself, excreted, and eaten by other nasty beasts. I felt it all. Then I started drinking some acai and agave nectar stuff for a few days and added DHEA to the supplements I was taking . It changed my dreams for the better. Now I drink that stuff every once in a while because I like the taste, but it's expensive.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I like to pick apart dreams for fun sometimes cause I get some pretty crazy ones too.
    Here are some meaning that may help you.

Death

To dream about the death of a loved one, suggests that you are lacking a certain aspect or quality that the loved one embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what do you like about him. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances. Alternatively, it indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life.

To dream of your own death, indicates a transitional phase in your life. You are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Alternatively, you are trying desperately to escape the demands of your daily life

Pregnant

To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal.

To dream that you are pregnant with the baby dying inside of you, suggests that a project you had put a lot of effort into is falling apart and slowly deteriorating. Nothing is working out the way you want it to.

If you are really pregnant and having this dream, then it represents your anxieties about the pregnancy. Women in the first trimester of their pregnancy tend to dream of tiny creatures, fuzzy animals, flowers, fruit and water. In the second trimester, dreams will reflect your anxieties about being a good mother and concerns about possible complications with the birth. Dreams of giving birth to a non-human baby are also common during this period of the pregnancy. Finally, in the third trimester, dreams consists of your own mother. As your body changes and grows, dreams of whales, elephants and dinosaurs and other larger animals may also start appearing at this stage.

www.dreammoods.com is the site I got these from and the one I use most often. Even if you can't find what you are looking for there you can just google "(object/situation/person) dream dictionary" and you will usually find a site that has it.

Hope this helps.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Yep! I was dreaming I went to HE double hockey sticks, was devouered by the devil himself, excreted, and eaten by other nasty beasts. I felt it all. Then I started drinking some acai and agave nectar stuff for a few days and added DHEA to the supplements I was taking . It changed my dreams for the better. Now I drink that stuff every once in a while because I like the taste, but it's expensive.

YIKES - that's some scary stuff.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

Pregnant

To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal.

That's interesting. I'm past the childbearing age but I've had dreams of being pregnant or having a baby. I'll have to keep this in mind the next time I have a "dream baby". :laugh: :laugh:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    soo im starting this new chapter in my life...and i feel great during the day about my new decision making!

but while i sleep im getting horrible dreams, anxiety, and waking up crying. i'm having bad dreams about death (my cat that died this past winter) and last night drempt that i took a pregnancy test and was pregnant (was NOT happy about that!)

anyone else ever get this? seems to be this past week or so since i started making these diet n exercise changes that its been happening.

I get weird dreams a lot, especially if I am stressed or have a lot on my mind. I sleep walk a lot....sort of. I remember it, but I am also dreaming. Like I'll wake up and think I am somewhere I'm not supposed to be and I won't recognize the room as being my bedroom. Then after a minute or two I'll wake up enough to realize I am in my room and go back to bed. It really freaks my boyfriend out when I just sit up in bed.

I also have pregnancy dreams fairly often. Well, a few times a year anyway, so maybe not THAT often. I can't wait to have kids someday, but this would so not be a good time, so whenever I dream it it's definitely a nightmare. I wake up and feel my belly and breathe a sigh of relief. Anyway, no advice, but I feel your pain.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Whenever something new happens to me - started a new job, having a baby - I always dream that I'm back at high school but I can't find my locker, classroom, books, schedule.

Dreaming that you're lost or out out of control is just your mind's way of working through what you can't always figure out when you're awake.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Whenever something new happens to me - started a new job, having a baby - I always dream that I'm back at high school but I can't find my locker, classroom, books, schedule.

Dreaming that you're lost or out out of control is just your mind's way of working through what you can't always figure out when you're awake.

I used to have that same dream every so often. It's been awhile since I had it so I guess I'm doing ok. :smile:
  • yentasdoitbetter
    Options

I used to have that same dream every so often. It's been awhile since I had it so I guess I'm doing ok. :smile:

i've had that same dream too! well...this morning i got my 'monthly friend" lol so i KNOW im not pregnant but hopefully that was what was giving me the bad dreams? i guess we'll see tonight. thanks for making me feel better though! always feels good to know im not the only one!
  • yentasdoitbetter
    Options
    Hi. I've heard that when you make a dietary change it can cause bad dreams because of toxins leaving the body (especially if you're drinking the water in addition to the exercise). It should pass if that's the cause. Sometimes we just go through dream cycles and you're probalby anxious about all of it and the dreams might be your body's way of releasing it. I have found that Tylenol PM works great for a good nights sleep with no sluggish feeling the next day. Hope this helps:) Good luck.

that's very interested! and makes alot of sense!