FitBit and Square Trade Warranties- A Must Have!!!

Options
jms3533
jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
I would like to let everyone know that I absolutely loved my Fitbit, but unfortunately "washed" it. Thank goodness I had purchased an $8.00 warranty from Square Trade Warranties (www.squaretrade.com) and less than 24 hours after filing my claim, Square Trade has emailed me my purchase price plus 5% because I chose the Amazon gift card option. You have other options for payment....check, paypal balance, etc. These guys have terrific customer service and I highly recommend that you get a warranty with them for your FitBit, BodyMedia, or other electronic gadgets. I am not getting paid for this plug, I just have a few warranties with them, and they have ALWAYS been absolutely customer service oriented. When I filed my claim yesterday, they emailed me a link to a free shipping label within 30 minutes, and all I had to do is print it out, pack my nonfunctioning FitBit in a box and drop it off at a local UPS store. Done...less than 24 hours later I have the money in Amazon to order another FitBit!

When buying a warranty, search the Internet for a Square Trade Warranty coupon code to get (typically) 20% off a warranty price. There are many ongoing codes out there.

Also, you have 90 days from the date of purchase (30 days for Ebay) to purchase a Square Trade Warranty. And if you just forward your email receipt that you received from the retailer to Square Trade (follow the easy instructions), your receipt is kept in their system and you don't have to snail mail, or email the receipt later when making a claim. It is seamless.