Hey! I'm new :)

Options
Hi All!

I've been signed up up for a bit but not an active user until recently. I have tried many different things to try and get this excess weight off over the last couple of years. The lates thing was low carbing, I must say that I am TIRED of eliminating things from my eating plan to try and lose weight..I only end up falling off plan and gaining it ALL back.

So here I am. I'm 38 - 5'3 and after 2 weeks I'm 155(I started at 160) so this obviousley works well!

I have some calorie questions that I hope people here can help me with. My goal is to drop 2 pds per week and I was under the assumption that I should be eating 1200 cal a day. I can do that with no problem and HAVE done that the past couple of weeks. I don't feel hungry at all and I've managed to get back to my running a bit as well. However, while reading some of your diaries I see that the caloric intak is MUCH higher for many ladies, you guys seem to be eating 1800 to 2000 a day or more. Am I way off? I would hate for my body to go into starvation mode but since I've been steadily dropping at the right pace I also wouldn't want to make a change that would slow my progress.

Any help or information offfered is greatly appreciated!

:)

Replies

• maussiey
    maussiey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

My diary says that i should be eating about 1200 too. I have been signed up for a few weeks but have only just been able to get on the site properly. As far as i know as long as you stick to your amount and do the amount of exercise it recommends (mine is 30mins 3 times a week) that you should continue to lose the weight. Hope this helps :)
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    When I first came on, I set my calorie goal to lose 1lb per week, and it calculated me at 1200 per day. I just couldn't do that. I showed my trainer my food log and he told me quite sternly that I was not eating enough to fuel my workouts. So I reset it to 0.5 lbs which seems to be better for me.
    If the 1200 is working for you then go with it. But if as time goes on, you find yourself hitting a plateau, or if you find yourself always hungry, you might need to change your calorie goal to a 1lb loss. Honestly, at your weight 2lbs per week is a lot.
  • luvhandles74
    luvhandles74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think I'm so used to seeing the scale drop quickly that I just expect that to happen. By the way, I could swear on my right eye that when I first set up and put my goal at 2 pds per week it told me 1200, however, today(after you posted) I went in to look and low and behold it says 1pd!

Yesterday and today my meals have been heavier and not exactly the healthy choices of the weeks past but even when eating lighter I don't feel hungry in the run of the day.

I'll stay where I am until, my body tells me differently. I know 155 doesn't sound like a lot but on my frame it doesn't sit well and lucky for me I'm an apple shape!