Does anyone freeze SILK ALMOND MILK???

Options
Hello MFPs

I'm starting my 3rd week and have really enjoyed finding new and healthier ways to eat. In the process I've noticed I'm wasting a lot of food. My milk goes bad before I can drink the entire container. I started buying a smaller carton in hopes to save money/waste but was wondering if anyone has ever tired to freeze Silk Almond Milk?

I have started freezing extra prepared/measured/caluculated meals making lunch and week-night dinners easier but stumped about what I should do w/ my dairy products (cottage cheese/yogurt/milk/creamer). Any suggestions would be grealy appriciated.

p.s. I switched to the almond milk after stalking some of the threads on here. THANKS MFPs!!! It tastes great!!!

Replies

• goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    bump
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

p.s. I switched to the almond milk after stalking some of the threads on here. THANKS MFPs!!! It tastes great!!!

almond milk is ok but I wouldnt start switching things based on threads here UNLESS you also check out independant sources. there is some ok information here but there is even more baloney.

good luck
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    How long does it take for your almond milk to go bad? They usually last 8-10 days. But if you are struggling, try looking for Blue Diamond's almond breeze--it's usually in the dry milk and baking aisle. That comes in 4 serving containers.
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    How long does it take for your almond milk to go bad? They usually last 8-10 days. But if you are struggling, try looking for Blue Diamond's almond breeze--it's usually in the dry milk and baking aisle. That comes in 4 serving containers.

AWESOME!! Thank you. I will try it. :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Get the cartons on the shelves that doesn't have to be refridgerated until after opened. They are a bit smaller.

As far as freezing, I wouldn't advise it. I accidently bought almond milk at a local grocery store that was frozen. (they were horrible about keeping their freezers and cooling systems at proper temperature) I didn't notice it was a block of ice till I got it home and when it thawed, the mixture was seperated. Disgusting.