Does anyone freeze SILK ALMOND MILK???

goblynn
goblynn Posts: 148 Member
Hello MFPs

I'm starting my 3rd week and have really enjoyed finding new and healthier ways to eat. In the process I've noticed I'm wasting a lot of food. My milk goes bad before I can drink the entire container. I started buying a smaller carton in hopes to save money/waste but was wondering if anyone has ever tired to freeze Silk Almond Milk?

I have started freezing extra prepared/measured/caluculated meals making lunch and week-night dinners easier but stumped about what I should do w/ my dairy products (cottage cheese/yogurt/milk/creamer). Any suggestions would be grealy appriciated.

p.s. I switched to the almond milk after stalking some of the threads on here. THANKS MFPs!!! It tastes great!!!

Replies

• goblynn
    bump
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member

p.s. I switched to the almond milk after stalking some of the threads on here. THANKS MFPs!!! It tastes great!!!

almond milk is ok but I wouldnt start switching things based on threads here UNLESS you also check out independant sources. there is some ok information here but there is even more baloney.

good luck
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    How long does it take for your almond milk to go bad? They usually last 8-10 days. But if you are struggling, try looking for Blue Diamond's almond breeze--it's usually in the dry milk and baking aisle. That comes in 4 serving containers.
  • goblynn
    How long does it take for your almond milk to go bad? They usually last 8-10 days. But if you are struggling, try looking for Blue Diamond's almond breeze--it's usually in the dry milk and baking aisle. That comes in 4 serving containers.

AWESOME!! Thank you. I will try it. :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Get the cartons on the shelves that doesn't have to be refridgerated until after opened. They are a bit smaller.

As far as freezing, I wouldn't advise it. I accidently bought almond milk at a local grocery store that was frozen. (they were horrible about keeping their freezers and cooling systems at proper temperature) I didn't notice it was a block of ice till I got it home and when it thawed, the mixture was seperated. Disgusting.