Conquered the Scale!

Today I realized that I have accomplished what was probably my biggest vice against my weight- the scale. I used to be a slave to the scale and weight myself frequently throughout the day, and because of this would without realizing it avoid drinking water or eating high water content foods (both very important for weight loss) so I wouldn't see the weight fluctuation. Now I've gone 2 weeks of breaking this habit (which I had for years) and find it so much easier to eat the vegetables and healthy foods throughout the day. I feel like I've broken a huge mental barrier!

Replies

• mikek333
    mikek333 Posts: 78 Member
    The scale can be a motivator or an enemy to fitness, like you described. It's easy to get obsessed about a number on the scale, when we really want to get fit and healthy. I
  • runjill
    runjill Posts: 14 Member
    My whole mood changes according to the scale. I wish I could be like some people and never look at it. Congrats for changing that terrible habit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!