Help! Question is specifically related to Women...

Options
Okay, so last night I was looking in the mirror and noticed some changes in my body since I've been exercising more. I started with walking and dancing around in my living room. Currently, I am going through 30 Day Shred (last night was day 3) and I also have a country line dance workout dvd that I use.

Some of the changes are good. Some are terrifying! HELP!

In the past, I've always been able to gain and lose proportionately, all over my body. So, if I'm big, I'm big all over. If I'm not so big, I'm not so big all over.

Last night, though... I noticed that while part of me is shredding, I have these ... I'm not even sure what to call it... fat extensions from my breasts that look like lumps now. or maybe you could call them fat rolls.. When I put my arms to my side, these extra curves stop me.

Let me add, I haven't been fitted for a bra in a while, but I've been squeezing into a 44DDD which I fall out of... I live in a small town, and tight on cash so I take what I can get... and you can't find a bigger cup size here... you can find a 46D...it's crazy...

Also, one more thing. It's TOM right now... and I usually do swell in my breasts and get tender there.

So, has anyone else ever had this problem? Is this TOM related? Could it possibly be the exercises I'm doing?

Are there exercises I can do to reduce that area? It's funny... I used to be scared of losing my boobs, but I don't want to look lopsided and lumpy, so I guess I want them to go down with the rest of me.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Am I just crazy?

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    You really need a good fitting bra. Order online and read the return policies carefully. I usually order from figleaves.com but you can't return anything once you take the tag off, so when you get it, make sure you leave the tag on while trying it on.

I've never had the lumpy issue. Do you get your regular check ups with the OBGYN? When I hear lumps, I think of breast cancer... but if you're just referring to an awkward shape of breast, you probably just need a new set of bras.

Bras for busty ladies are expensive. I am a 32 G and I hand wash every single one every week because I want to make them last. It is worth it though. I used to walk around with the four boob look trying to cram into 34DD bras and it was not comfortable and it was ugly as hell. When the band is too loose, it pulls on your back fat and makes you look like you have rolls when you wouldn't otherwise. When your breasts spill over the cups (or worse, under the cups) it does make them look really lumpy and gross.

You deserve some good bras, and if you don't know what size to get, call the customer service team at whatever company you order from. Fig Leaves has talked me through some sizing issues and their recommendations were spot on.

I think Bare Necessities is good and so is Bravissmo. Most of these internet bra retailers ship to several countries. I'm in the US and I usually order from a UK company, so I'm sure that where ever you are, someone will ship to you.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Lump was the wrong word... I just don't know how to describe it.
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi Smiles, been there, done that. I found that, the type of exercise I did would tone some parts faster than others. I addressed the extra boob bulge with chest press's and push ups. It tightened the area around the top of my ribcage nicely and no!w I fit into my bra the way I should. Good luck!
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Hi Smiles, been there, done that. I found that, the type of exercise I did would tone some parts faster than others. I addressed the extra boob bulge with chest press's and push ups. It tightened the area around the top of my ribcage nicely and no!w I fit into my bra the way I should. Good luck!

Thanks! That's what I was wondering.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Breast tissue actually goes to your armpits (thus the pull and tug to get all but your shoulder in when getting a mammogram.

Get a bra that fits. Even if it is clearance rack at WalMart or something to tide you over until you can get a PRETTY one that fits.

I had a bra that was too tight and it gave me extra back bumps and side bumps. NOT pretty. And it certainly didn't feel good. Took me getting a bra that FIT properly for me to realize that WAS NOT my real shape. That was my clothes doing it to me.

I have lost 18 pounds since I started and no new pants for me. I needed new bras and I was hoping it was because I lost fat from my back and sides...of course not...it was only a cup size. (and UNEVEN at that...left and right are NOT shrinking symetrically...grrrr) I bought ONE that fit on sale. Not as pretty as I would like, but for the price it will do. And I'm sure I'll need to buy more but I'll just keep on the lookout for sales and clearance.

Here is a formula that is basically the same as the gal did to me in the store.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size

Hope it helps! Hang in there. Everything tends to lose from the top down but it all redistributes more evenly later!
    (thus the huge facial differences!)
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Breast tissue actually goes to your armpits (thus the pull and tug to get all but your shoulder in when getting a mammogram.

Get a bra that fits. Even if it is clearance rack at WalMart or something to tide you over until you can get a PRETTY one that fits.

I had a bra that was too tight and it gave me extra back bumps and side bumps. NOT pretty. And it certainly didn't feel good. Took me getting a bra that FIT properly for me to realize that WAS NOT my real shape. That was my clothes doing it to me.

I have lost 18 pounds since I started and no new pants for me. I needed new bras and I was hoping it was because I lost fat from my back and sides...of course not...it was only a cup size. (and UNEVEN at that...left and right are NOT shrinking symetrically...grrrr) I bought ONE that fit on sale. Not as pretty as I would like, but for the price it will do. And I'm sure I'll need to buy more but I'll just keep on the lookout for sales and clearance.

Here is a formula that is basically the same as the gal did to me in the store.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size

Hope it helps! Hang in there. Everything tends to lose from the top down but it all redistributes more evenly later!
    (thus the huge facial differences!)

Thanks! The problem with going to Wal-Mart is that they don't usually carry a bra in my size... well, it's very difficult to find. But, you're right. I do need a good bra because this one is not really holding all of me in.

It's interesting that you said breast tissue goes under the armpits. That's where I'm seeing my bulge, connected to my breasts.

And, normally, I lose all proportionately. I guess that's why this started freaking me out. My waist and belly are shrinking (still have a long way to go) but I still have that bulge in that area. That's why I wanted to know about exercises specific for that area.

Thanks for your input!

:)
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    I have a large cup size (H) with a relatively smaller chest/back size and my bra cups come right under my arms, round to the sides of my body. I think that if you have bigger breasts, they often do extend right under your arms. I usually order bras online because not many shops have my size. You need to know your size in the first place though, to order online, and I find that different makes fit differently.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I have a large cup size (H) with a relatively smaller chest/back size and my bra cups come right under my arms, round to the sides of my body. I think that if you have bigger breasts, they often do extend right under your arms. I usually order bras online because not many shops have my size. You need to know your size in the first place though, to order online, and I find that different makes fit differently.

Thanks!
  • CUT3ANDS3XIAN0R3X1
    Options
    Hey there. At one point in time, I weighed 185. At first, when I began to notice results, my shape was disgusting. I kept with it and began to tone up and shread more weight and every did eventually even out on me. I reformed my body. Over time, these changes will be less terrifying and more appealing, further motivating you to exercise. Your body constantly goes through changes and working out and losing weight is to me, a cycle of reshaping as well. For females, weight loss out of the breast area is perfectly normal, as people have been saying, just get a supportive bra that fits you well. Not tight, and not too big. Lumps don't sound normal. Unless maybe it is kinda like the chest skin under your breasts? I'm not clear on what you mean by that.