Skipping a workout routine

Options
Hi all,
I have a question, well rather a concern. I am on week 4 of jillian michaels winning by loosing circuit training and have been doign so good. I get so frustrated on a day like today. Yesterday was rest day but jillian encourages some type of cardio so i did 40 minute spin class. Today is circuit training scheduled for thursday specifically. I realized on my way to work when i received my pop up calendar on the phone that i have a doctor appointment at 1:30pm. Traditionally i race to the gym and doing my workout during lunch break and race back to work. It would not be feasible to take that much time to work out and then go to to the doctor. I can plan on squeezing it in after work but with my 19 month old, dinner, husband, etc i may not get to it specifically doing what i am supposed to do which i can only do at the gym.....i am so disappointed, i really want to stay on schedule per my days and routine. anyone else go through this?

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    This is where it's a lifestyle vs. a written in stone thing - move your days for a few days until you get back on track. Dont' sweat it, life happens. If you can squeeze it in, great, but if not, do it tomorrow and be off for a couple of days until you can catch up.

Or, just have 2 rest days in a row, and skip that one routine. Your body needs the extra rest now and then anyway.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I don't have any kids yet, but from what I've read from other people.

Do you have a supportive husband?
    Support can come in various ways.

In situations like that, can he not look after his 19month old baby?
    Perhaps get dinner ready?
  • Trainhard911
    Trainhard911 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    He runs the family business and often times works late and or when he comes home is hungry. the baby goes to bed pretty early around 7:30pm or so i guess if i took the time to go to the gym which i about 20 min away i could do it or i could do the program jillian has on tv through our cable instead; i just really want to keep to her routine and don't have all the things i need at the house to do it