NO JUDGEMENT, IF SO DON'T READ!

I had a friend on my page who had done the HCG diet. NO IM NOT LOOKING TO GO ON IT, I just have a few questions about it. A friend of my is interested in doing it and I just want to give her the facts before she does it. Don't bash me or my post if you don't agree with the HCG diet. Everyone has their own opinion about what works and what doesnt. I haven't tried it myself, and won't but I want to ask a few questions if anyone has tried it PM ME! :):)

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Im just curious why this is in Success Stories.
  • jammiezene
    jammiezene Posts: 83 Member
    I haven't done it but I know someone who did. It is not an easy diet! She had to maintain very low calories while taking them. She lost a lot of weight, but did not really maintain. Once she upped her calories all her lost pounds came crawling back.
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Okay, I won't bash you or your post, but can I bash HCG?
  • gatorgirlyyy
    gatorgirlyyy Posts: 349
    I did it and lost 27lbs about 1 year before I started doing it the natural way. It works but isn't easy... needle, low calories, expensive.... not for everyone. :)
  • mom2gar
    mom2gar Posts: 100 Member
    I lost 52 pounds las summer on it. Loved it. It is tough and you have to pay attention to everything you put in your mouth. i wore my normal make-up, perfume, body products, ect. I would do it again if I could still buy it from over seas. i had 6 months worth for $200 and the prices the local clinics charge is like $400+ a month. That's why I'm doing MFP this go around.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Saw this on Dr. Oz and he said that the HCG pills do not work. You need to get injections from the doctor for it to actually work. So it all comes down to her and her doctor.
  • tpeacoe1
    tpeacoe1 Posts: 22
    Its here because it can be. It has obviously worked for some people so I put it under success stories.

Idc if you bash HCG just not me for asking.
  • it is extremely unhealthy and stupid. sorry but its true. 500 cals a day? no way.
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    No personal experience with it, but studies which involve more than anecdotal evidence show that it is not more effective than just a very low calorie diet for weight loss. Also, you would lose muscle mass as well as fat.
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    I know a few people who have done it, but not one has maintained the weight loss more than 3 months after.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Saw this on Dr. Oz and he said that the HCG pills do not work. You need to get injections from the doctor for it to actually work. So it all comes down to her and her doctor.

Someone I know used the injections and the weight fell off like crazy. Once he was off, within 2 weeks he had gained it all back plus some. Sad that people do these get small quick tricks and the joke is really on them:ohwell:
  • I think that you, as a friend, should talk her into doing something healthy and sustainable instead. :P
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    You have serious problems is you're afraid of people bashing you or the post, like that's gonna happen in life anyway.

Facts: You're on a 500calorie diet, obviously not forever, but for enough time to lose enough water and muscle weight, which you are more than likely to gain all back. It's no good, it's rapid weight loss, and not sustainable.

You have to learn to change the habits that makes you fat in the first place, and crash diets like that DO-NOT correct the issues = overeating and inactivity. One you address those problems, health and fitness become a lifelong process, and weight loss comes with that new knowledge.

Show your friend this website, count calories, exercise (do anything), and lose the weight, not rocket science.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    HCG diet is incredibly unhealthy. It's a starvation diet with a placebo. Losing weight has absolutely nothing to do with the HCG (EVERY controlled study has proven that time and again,) and everything to do with the fact that the dieter is restricted to 500 calories a day, and limited food choices, plus no exercise at all (not that anybody would have the energy to exercise at only 500 calories a day.)

In short, it's a diet that forces someone to eat less than an anorexic usually does. It's a horrible idea all the way around.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    I think that you, as a friend, should talk her into doing something healthy and sustainable instead. :P

I agree!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Soooo this "friend", is it really just you?
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    HCG diet is incredibly unhealthy. It's a starvation diet with a placebo. Losing weight has absolutely nothing to do with the HCG (EVERY controlled study has proven that time and again,) and everything to do with the fact that the dieter is restricted to 500 calories a day, and limited food choices, plus no exercise at all (not that anybody would have the energy to exercise at only 500 calories a day.)

In short, it's a diet that forces someone to eat less than an anorexic usually does. It's a horrible idea all the way around.

Completely wrong and just more fear mongering without facts to back you up. Calling a diet unhealthy without saying why it's unhealthy just shows how uneducated you are on the subject. HCG injection is not a placebo and it works as confirmed by Dr. Oz and any other medical clinic you go to. It works by suppressing your appetite to make it possible for you to eat only 500 calories a day. You can't get the injections without consulting your doctor and that doctor can monitor your body for any abnormalities.
  • tpeacoe1
    tpeacoe1 Posts: 22
    Im pretty sure if it were "me" I would have frickin said so!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Waste of money. I know plenty of people who have lost weight-the problem is keeping the weight off! It doesn't teach you how to change your habits, and any diet that discourages exercise is shady.
  • newskt
    newskt Posts: 3
    i have a friend that used hcg about 3 years ago and lost 73lbs. She's kept it off, except for about 10lbs that comes and goes. But, she also added exercise and started eating healthy, really changing her habits too.

i used it last year and the weight loss is incredible, about 1 lb per day. The food plan is really limiting, but after the first few days i felt really good. i lost about 25lbs over two sessions. my ob/gyn told me he wished they would allow doctors to prescribe it and help patients use it. he felt that the excessive weight was more dangerous than hcg.

i am planning to use it in the future, but i need to make lifestyle changes to support the process first. Besides the speed at which you lose weight, you really seem to lose fat, so that you're slimmer than you would be if you didn't use it. not sure that makes sense to everyone.

Also, cholesterol and triglycerides levels improved significantly after the hcg diet.

hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!