Joint Trouble While Exercising

Options
I started changing my life style 4/30/2012 to make positive changes in my life. Things have been going pretty well. Adding exercising and using this site to really help me change the way that I eat.

Today I noticed that while trying to do basic exercise moves that I have been doing with no problem that my joints are cracking popping and feeling all sorts of uncomfortable. For example, while lifting my right knee up for a side knee lift my hip is grinding and popping and feels like it is trying to come lose ... It is very uncomfortable so I wasn't able to finish my sets of that for fear of damaging anything. Another example I have is my left knee is making a cracking sound of 3 quick cracks in a row and time do dodges to my right. It doesn't hurt it is just uncomfortable. So I decided to stop my exercise and I will probably just go for walks today to give my body a break.

Has anyone ever had anything like this? Why today would this start? Could it be too much too soon? I haven't felt like I was overdoing things. Any suggestions?

Also, I do have hypermobile joints... I understand this is probably the cause of the issue, I just don't understand why it's only causing an issue now. Any ideas on exercises I can do while I let these joints rest? I want to continue getting my exercise in and I would enjoy doing more than walking.