Diet pills bought from the internet ! (RANT)

Options
I've just been on Twitter and I was reading a conversation between two of my friends, a girl and a boy, (yes i know I'm a creeper for reading their conversation) when I saw they were talking about a diet pill they bought off the internet which was making them feel 'high'. I decided to google the pills and see exactly what they were taking. These pills (named 'Rocket Fuel - hello alarm bells:indifferent: ) are made from epiphrenine (AKA adrenaline :noway:) and 1,3 dimethylamylamine (which can be LETHAL in high doses). I cannot abide the idea that people are willing to risk their lives and their health in the quest for a quick-fix. Not only that, the website spouts a heap of pseudo-science that quite frankly would baffle somebody without a science background - and would OFFEND anyone with one, its the biggest load of nonsense I've ever read. Another thing I'd like to say is that BUYING PILLS OFF THE INTERNET IS DANGEROUS. They could have ANYTHING in them. You could just be taking glorified mouse droppings. You could be taking anthrax. Why can't they see that this is a really dangerous practice?!

The moral of this rant is that the body of your dreams does not come in a little pill, it comes from a good clean diet and lots of exercise. And buying pills off the internet is an absolutely horrific idea. I'm sorry but I had to get this out somewhere and where better than MFP where more than likely somebody will agree with me :smile: .

Thanks for reading!! :blushing:

Replies

• janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I can see why they appeal to people, hell I was researching NHS gastric bands the other day, but its just too dam dangerous (either route imo, although i understand for some people surgery is the best choice, just not for me. don't jump on me about it.)

It can't even be regulated online, thats the real worry
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your friends are using them as street drugs...people mistakenly assume if something is legal to buy then it is safe. Ahem, bath salts????
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your friends are using them as street drugs...people mistakenly assume if something is legal to buy then it is safe. Ahem, bath salts????

^^What she said.

If you're annoyed with your friends about that kind of stuff, don't come on MFP and tell us about it. It's totally unnecessary.
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options

^^What she said.

If you're annoyed with your friends about that kind of stuff, don't come on MFP and tell us about it. It's totally unnecessary.

actually the annoyance is that theyre taking unregulated drugs as a means to lose weight when they could kill themselves with them, and arrogant know it alls such as yourself
  • Qattusa
    Qattusa Posts: 139 Member
    Options

^^What she said.

Wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. That last comment was rather mean and unnecessary. What was the point of being unkind for the heck of it?
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options

^^What she said.

Your comment is what's totally unnecessary. :huh: