What do YOU do with your protein powder?

Options
Skeebee
Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
So, I personally have had a hard time drinking down the ol' protein powder the usual way. I've recently experimented with making some tofu chocolate pudding (with chocolate whey protein) which makes an AWESOME treat.

Just curious if anyone else has experimented with protein powder in their own way/recipes. Please share! Looking for some more ideas. :drinker:

Replies

• rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've done the tofu chocolate pudding too! I also like mixing protein powder into greek yogurt or cottage cheese. Sometimes I make muffins or homemade protein bars with it too. Proteinpow.com is a really good site for ideas.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I use as little of it as possible. Usually only out of convenience or when my diet is lacking protein at the end of the day.

- Add it to oatmeal / greek yogurt
    - Bake a protein cheesecake
    - Add it to pancake batter
    - Make a brownie
    - Mix it with milk and drink it
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I've stirred it into greek yogurt with my probiotics (makes the probiotics taste better!). I've also mixed it into peanut butter and sliced some banana into it. That tastes really good but it's super filling and not really low cal. I tried it in oatmeal but I didn't like it. Usually I either blend it into some coconut milk (unsweetened) or into coffee with a little creamer and pour it over ice. The coffee is my favorite, especially if I use chocolate powder.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    - Add it to pancake batter
    - Make a brownie

Ok, THESE two OM NOM suggestions stuck out at me as something I am definitely going to try! Thanks everyone for the great ideas!!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Add the bucket to my military curl bar. j/k
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it with french cheese, or oatmeals. i never take it with water or milk. I also use it in lot of recipes.

I also snort it sometimes
  • buckeye86
    buckeye86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I mix whey protein with my amazing unsweetened sunflower milk. http://www.sunrich.com/pdfs/sol.pdf
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it with french cheese, or oatmeals. i never take it with water or milk. I also use it in lot of recipes.

maybe i should also try to inject it to my vain, perhaps it will work better, goes straight to your blood stream
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options

maybe i should also try to inject it to my vain, perhaps it will work better, goes straight to your blood stream

Already tried, but with whey isolate, it turned thick mixed with red globules. next time I'll try to ask for whey concentrate
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I mix a scoop with an egg white, 20g of oats/wheatbran and 50ml of milk and make a big pancakey thing. S'nice with a little vanilla ice cream. Or just plain.
    Also, oatmeal made with milk and protein powder. I find it hard to drink it, it's too powdery.
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I put mine in smoothies, iced coffee drinks and mix with peanut butter and banana for my waffles.
  • DanNoonan
    DanNoonan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    A few treats I like...
    -Chocolate powder mixed in milk and eat it with whatever cereal I have on hand (Kashi?)
    -Vanilla powder mixed with apple juice and cinnamon - apple pie shake!
    -(Some) Vanilla powder mixed into an iced coffee
    -Smoothy with powder, milk, banana and maybe some honey or anything else on hand that sounds interesting

But really, if it's revolting to drink the stuff mixed with just water or milk, perhaps you should look into a different brand?
  • MaryK71
    MaryK71 Posts: 10
    Options
    I make a smoothie. Sometimes I add powder, skim milk, banana, 1 Tbs peanut butter, ice. berries work well too. I love my magic bullet, I use it everyday. This makes a great meal. Many times my daughter has one of these for breakfast.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I just use the protein powder and milk. But sometimes I will add a few strawberries or peaches and then mix it with an immersion blender and that is such a nice treat!! (I like vanilla protein).

Immersion blender broke, so I have to hold off on these until I buy a new one!! But once I buy one, I WILL be drinking this by our pool as a treat for sure!! :drinker:
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I tried mixing it in with my oatmeal, but it came out nasty.. Perhaps you're supposed to add it AFTER you cook the oatmeal and not before? It had this nauseating eggy-taste. *Shudders*

I love making protein pudding with casein protein. But I usually just drink my whey protein in shakes.. I'm not too adventurous yet.
  • sarahg101
    sarahg101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I add peanut butter
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I put a banana, a tbsp of PB, almond milk and a packet of stevia.

Or I make pudding and add it to plain greek yogurt, with a packet of stevia and top with a banana.

Depends how many calories I'm going for.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Protein bread, protein bars, smoothies, mixed in oatmeal. I use the stuff for everything.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Mix Water with it! (Hardcore Style) :happy:

I know I know, but that's how I do it!
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    Well my mom pretty much did this with my protein powder when she came for a visit...

photo11.jpg

Myself, well I mix it with almond milk, ice, Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder, and some instant coffee granules. Protein mocha frappucino!