For my family

Options
Hi my name is Layla i'm new to this site, I am 39 and I have 3 children, my oldest girl is 22 and has two boys, my yougest girl is 18yrs and ready to graduate and go to college, my son is 7yrs old I had him later in another relationship. My son's father passed away recently and it broke my heart :brokenheart: that we will never see his dad again. It also made me realize that I am the only parent he has left to watch over him and I need to take better care of myself. I am a little over weight. 150-155, i'm only 5'2' barely and I dont ever exercise....I used to be very active and athletic now you would never even guess that by looking at me. I'm really disappointed in myself for allowing my depression, stress and bad bad habits to get in the way of living a better life. My son deserves the best years left in me and I want them to be many years. I'm recently trying to quit smoking, I have an electric cigarette now, i'm counting calories, I have no will power so I have to call my girl friend to schedule walks ( i just started) I know its gonna be hard but my son's dad was sick and didn't even know it because he didn't take care of himself and he was only 37 two months from his 38th when he passed. He always looked healthy but I think if he had just gone to the Doc for a checkup now and then he would be here today. I don't want to die young I have grandkids now and my baby boy needs me more than ever....But I don't want to set my self up for failure either. Its easy getting caught up in the moment when you start something new I just hope that I will be able to get words of encouragement from some of you and I hope that I will be able to give some back to those who need it as well. Good Luck to all of us!!! Take care TTYL :happy:

Replies