Need some opinions.....

Options
I went to my pain clinic today, I was in a car accident re-ended messed up my neck, anyway I turned my head wrong, and messed up my neck/shoulder area. I guess I have a sever muscle strain, or something like that. The bottom line I can't do a whole lot of exercise that involves my shoulders. I can run so I was thinking that maybe I should run twice a day. I was doing the 30 day shred but I think if I try to do it will kill my shoulder. What do you all think? Maybe I could take part in the shred that doesn't involve a lot of shoulder moves.? I just messed up my left shoulder. I need to do something I feel fat! Any opinions/advice would help a lot thanks in advance.

Replies

• brownewell94
    brownewell94 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You could try the shred without too much on your shoulder. If it started getting worse I would quit though. Could you talk to the people at the pain clinic and see what they say?
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Running is not good. You use your arms, shoulders, everything. If you don't feel pain from all the impact jogging provides:huh: , then you need a professional Athletic therapist. Don't mess around with 2nd, 3rd hand info. Be smart about it. That's if your serious about getting better and fitter.
  • jagodragon
    jagodragon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    did they x-ray your neck...i have a really bad neck and when it goes way out of place i get the same kind of pain..if your neck is out, i would suggest going to the chiropractor and having a realignment done...it's not to expensive and i think most insurances cover a portion of it.

but trust me, if your neck is out of wack you do not want to do any thing that even might impact your neck (running, jogging, even walking to much, and most any thing that involves the upper body is out of the question, situps, crunches, pushups) any thing except light walking and lots of rest untill you get it fixed could potentially make it hurt much much more and cause permanet damage...trust me you don't want that :(

so i would say consult your doctor and maybe ask him or her about a chiropractor, before you do any thing further.

good luck and i hope you feel better real soon.

oh yes..and i forgot to mention...i go to the chiropractor regularly for my neck and spine...it helps :wink:
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options
    The best advice I have is just to listen to your body. If an exercise/activity is painful...and not just the normal feeling of working out....then stop. Also, be sure to follow the advice of your doctors. I had an inflamed rotator cuff in my right shoulder awhile back & the only thing that helped was doing lots of gentle stretches & giving that arm a rest--I had to stop even carrying my purse on that shoulder & re-adjust my daily routine to use my other arm more.