Looking for Christian Motivation for Weight Loss

Options
I'm looking for any motivation to lose weight from the Bible and/or from other Christians. I've yo-yo'ed the past few years and need to get my spirit "into the game" -- I believe in the Abundant Life Christ came to offer. But, something is missing between my desires to lose weight and my actions. Any help or support would be fantastic!
Thanks!

Replies

• cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Check out the "Christians Unite" group here, might be what you're looking for!
  • pandaJOY7
    pandaJOY7 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks! Joined. Any help is much appreciated!
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Philippians 4:13
  • hodnett125
    hodnett125 Posts: 2
    Options
    Our bodies are a temple for God
  • Lindseyfay21
    Options
    And let us run with endurance the race that is set before us looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith Hebrews 12: 1-2

Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the success you've had so far! I'm still an ongoing journey to reclaim the temple for God!
  • Dawn_is_getting_healthy
    Options
    Check out the book Made to Crave. It has changed my whole perspective on weight loss. Good luck!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago I realized that what I have been is a glutton. Psalms 23:20-21 says
    "Be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat, for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and slumber will clothe them with rags." So that is helping me a lot right now.

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a Christian, and I am motivated, but I don't know if that is what you want.

Also, a heads up: these posts usually turn sour, and end up locked. I have seen it happen a few times.
  • ImRadical4Jesus
    ImRadical4Jesus Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    "Remember the Lord your God. He is the one who gives you power to be successful..." - Deuteronomy 8:18, NLT
  • pandaJOY7
    pandaJOY7 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for all the help here, I am looking forward to sharing my journey with fellow believers. If you get a chance, check out my blogs. I am working on putting some together for a Christian Healthy Lifestyle Support Group. Praying for all my new friends that they would find the same love and support through Christ that I have found here.
    :)
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like.
  • Simple6
    Simple6 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That is what I am looking for too.:smile:

Actually, I just started Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst and it has been helping me so much. It is scripture based to help you renew your mind. I would love to be a part of a group that supports honoring God with all that we are: body, soul and spirit. I would love to share this journey with you.
  • JohnReese
    JohnReese Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello All, I too am trying to network with fellow believers to get through this struggle and to keep positive about other things. I am new to this type of social environment so please be gentle. How do I make this topic my primary message board? I want this to be the first thing that pops up! God bless and talk to you soon.

a bientot!
  • Kspencer0107
    Options
    Count me in :) We can do all things through Christ! Nice to have a family of believers for support. It's not a race, it's a marathon. LIfe changes that are long term do not happen overnight...
  • JohnReese
    JohnReese Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey there...THANKS! I forgot I have to check this board too!!! Yes, the good Lord has brought our family through a LOT and He is still working!!!!! AMEN and thank you for your kind comments. Gotta go out with my little (actually he is bigger) brother and some friends.