Weird question for the ladies ...

Options
Does anyone else tend to LOSE a few lbs shortly before they start their period? I know it's normal to GAIN a bit of weight, due to bloating and water retention. But I normally lose a bit.

I should be starting my period in the next few days (not sure on exact day as I have only had one period since the loss of my son at the end of Feb., so I don't know if my body's jumped back to a regular cycle just yet ... it usually takes a few months after birth, for me).

I weighed myself yesterday and I was down 2.6 lbs, but now I don't know if I should log my weight for this week, as I don't want it to look like I'm yo-yo-ing.

I'm new here, so not sure how it all works. Should I log it, or not? Is MFP going to "reprimand" me in any way for yo-yo-ing? I hate how it gives ya heck if you're even slightly under your calorie goal when closing you food log for the day! LOL!

Replies

• sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I would log it. It's a loss, no matter what the reason. I tend to not listen to MFP if it "reprimands" me. I know it isn't an excuse, but in the end we are all humans and we can do everything right and sometimes our bodies just respond differently. I take birth control and therefore don't have a period at all so I can't help you out much there, but when I wasn't taking it I would normally bloat and gain a little right before and during my period.
  • nashvilledragonfly
    nashvilledragonfly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For some reason I lose 5 lbs just after and then gain it back a week later,causing me to stay the same. :(
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My boobs get sore the week before, and then I lose 5 pounds, and since I don't have one but every 6 months.... I guess we will see if I gain that 5 pounds back or not. Let's hope not.
  • jenniebee19
    jenniebee19 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me too, before the storm my weight dips, but evens back out at the end.
    So I tend not to weigh myself until after ... I think of it like a tornado, you don't
    check the damage in the middle of it--u wait til its over lol
  • yummymommy78
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I think I will log my weight, but not until Mon., as that's when it will be a week from the last time I logged it. And if MFP gives me heck, well ... so be it. I'll just ignore it! LOL! At this point, I feel like: at least I'm TRYING. LOL!