the HARRY POTTER workout

Options
124»

Replies

• Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    As a Brit, I find it totally bizarre that someone would censor only the word "hell" from "bloody hell"

"bloody" is a swear word (albeit a relatively minor one, but I wouldn't say it in front of my kids), "hell" is a place where bad people go after they die....?

Clearly that's a British English thing....? Is hell considered a swear word in American English then?

Anyway I like these games :) Just thought the censoring of the wrong word was a bit bizarre (and interesting from an anthropological and linguistic point of view...)

I don't think hell is a bad word. < -- judged primarily on words I feel okay saying in front of my parents (yes, even at 25 I still mostly watch my mouth in front of my parents). Hell is acceptable, Even sh** is acceptable on rare occasions.....there are much worse words than hell.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    bump... gonna try it this weekend....how much fun is this going to be?
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    LOL!!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    or you can just workout?
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    And for a drinking game, turn it into shots.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    And for a drinking game, turn it into shots.

This I can do! :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Lol thats pretty good :)
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I think I will certainly be doing this! haha.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bumping this
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Love it, love it, love it!
  • ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for posting!
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    As a Brit, I find it totally bizarre that someone would censor only the word "hell" from "bloody hell"

"bloody" is a swear word (albeit a relatively minor one, but I wouldn't say it in front of my kids), "hell" is a place where bad people go after they die....?

Clearly that's a British English thing....? Is hell considered a swear word in American English then?

Anyway I like these games :) Just thought the censoring of the wrong word was a bit bizarre (and interesting from an anthropological and linguistic point of view...)

Maybe they were crossing out hell so it could be anytime someone says Bloody, not necessarily with hell; you have to do the exercise.