Bridesmaid NSV

Options
So, I've been feeling pretty discouraged this past month. I haven't really lost any weight. And it's totally my fault because I've been slacking on my calorie counting and exercise, but still. It's rough.

Anyway, last weekend perked me up a bit. Here's the story:

My close friend is getting married in two weeks (eek!) and I'm going to be a bridesmaid. We had the dresses made by a friend of the family and the first fitting/measurements were in January. Since then, I've lost 25lbs. And when I went back for my final fitting last weekend, we discovered that the dress was going to have to be taken in--about an inch on both sides!

It made me feel pretty awesome, let me tell you. Because I haven't really gone down a pant/shirt size since I started losing weight. Though, I do have to wear a belt with my regular pants now, and some of my shirts are fitting better through the middle. So I knew I was losing inches, but I'd never bothered to take "before" measurements. It was nice to see some evidence that my hard work is paying off.

Anyways, I'm still pretty pleased. And am using that success as a push to get myself back on the metaphorical horse and keep pushing through! I can do this!

Replies

• shayoni
    shayoni Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome feeling for sure! Keep it up~ I've been having so much fun trying on clothes that haven't fit on me since I was 19 (six years ago) and I know I've still got more to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!