How to log classes? and not feel guilty:(

Options
I am new to this and just took my first "class" at the YMCA. It was a 60 min class and I had to modify a lot of what they were doing to make it appropriate for me. Some of the stuff I couldn't do so I was just watching and trying to learn. My question is this...how do you log classes? I tried logging it as an aerobics class and it showed an enourmous number of calories burned...I guess I just feel guilty because I don't know if I really burned that many calories or not and I don't want to set myself up by eating calories I didn't really burn. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Replies

• junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    You might want to invest in a Heart Rate Monitor for something like that, it'll give you the best idea of how many calories you've burned.
  • cdwinters
    cdwinters Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about getting an HRM but am trying to figure out how to log classes in the meantime. I really enjoyed the class more than just trying to workout on my own but want to make sure I am logging the calories burned correctly.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    You could spit the time and estimate how much of it you were moving.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You have to estimate how many minutes of the workout were loggable- if you kept moving for 30 minutes of the workout, log it as aerobics/ general, and don't log the parts where you were just observing. If you were really huffing and puffing and sweating then you know you can log those minutes as higher intensity. You don't have to log the full 60 minutes under one category.