Most cals burned

Options
Hello all! What excercises (machines, videos, sports...) do you find burn the most calories?

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    For me, Running.
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    elliptical at the gym and real bike riding on the road does for me.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    elliptical at the gym and real bike riding on the road does for me.
    Yeppers. Me too!
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you burn?
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Running, for sure...
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    my elliptical at my gym with the resistance set high (mine is at 30) burns over 200 cals in 15 minutes. :wink:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Just an example, its different every time, but I ran 8 miles on Saturday and burned about 1300 calories. That took 78 minutes, so about 249 calories for every 15 minutes.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Biking!
  • srtakelch
    srtakelch Posts: 24
    Options
    anything that burns 10+ calories a minute is awesome! So, running or eliptical machines. Swimming too (but with effort, not just hanging out in the pool). Most aerobics classes/videos will get you there as well.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I've found that running at a hard pace does, or anything that involves High intensity intervals. Also, swimming (real swimming) burns as many as anything else does.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Rate of Calorie expenditure = intensity x weight

Total Calories = intensity x weight x time

Theoretically, if you are at the same intensity, ANY exercise modality, class, etc, should burn calories at the same rate.

Practically, some activities seem to achieve higher intensity levels more easily, more quickly, and with less perceived exertion than others.

As a rule, people find that activities that involve more muscles, a larger range or motion, or more "jumping" types of movements allow them to work at a higher intensity more easily, and thus burn more calories.

The more experienced and competent you are at many activities, the more likely it is that you can work at a higher intensity