got a question to ask about fruits

Options
I had to go on an outblock posting, whereby i need to live away from my permenant residency for 7 weeks. Because if this, i don't have many kitchen utensils and without realising it, i havent eaten vege for the past 4 weeks because i didnt use the stove at all.
initially, i bought fresh salad from tescos and ate them with dressings, but i didnt really liked them. So nowadays, i eat nearly 5 fruits a day with no veggie at all. at the beginning, i bought cucumber but it goes bad so quickly and i really didnt have time to go grocery shopping very often. I know it may sound like i'm making alot of excuses but i really have a hectic schedule.

the Fruits i eat are Kiwi, red and green Apples, Oranges, Grapefruits and occasionally Bananas.

I was wondering, is it alright to substitue Vege for fruits? would it affect weight loss? I also heard that carbs in fruits are natural sugars so they don't really matter?

I know about the carbs content of fruits and i do try to balance it out, and i eat oats and stuff so my bowels arent affected at all. So i was just wondering, can i continue eating fruits and not eat vege at all? Its much easier grabbing a fruit than preparing vege.

I really like some opinion on this. Please don't judge me too badly.

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• gogogracie
    gogogracie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your personal tolerance to carbs. An apple at times has the same amount as a serving of potato, so you have to watch out. If you have a lot of weight to lose, I think you really do need to watch the fruit. Berries are lower in carbs though, so maybe you can substitute some higher carb fruits like bananas with them (you can also get frozen berries to use in smoothies and stuff). Also if you have carbs with fat, like putting peanut butter or almond butter on apple slices, your blood sugar wont skyrocket as fast, so that might be helpful too.

Maybe you just need a refresher on good veggie dishes? I often just slice up a whole head of cauliflower or broccoli and stick it in the oven with some S&P and olive oil, and its seriously delicious. Or you can just buy a big bag of arugula or mixed greens and use them all over the place! It gets a lot easier as you integrate it into your rotation of food, also making big batches and having leftovers helps!
  • Shyhmim
    Shyhmim Posts: 27
    Options
    OMG! i didnt know an apple can total up to a potato, and i thought adding fat on my carb is pushing it. LOL! thanks for the tips. Yea, i use the oven quite frequently, so i would appreciate a few vege recipe that only requires ovening. Maybe i should try one of these days when im free.