California Pizza Kitchen; need someone savvy

Options
Ok, so I want to enjoy myself but not go bananas. I'd like to keep it under 500 calories.

But I want pizza.

I've never been to CPK, but I'm aware that you can order anything on the thin crust. So, can someone who frequents it or has worked there tell me about how much would be in this meal:

- Appetizer salad (or maybe a cup of the asparagus soup, sans croutons)
- Thin Crust Hawaiian with a request for half cheese

I do not plan to eat the whole pizza, but I'm keeping the leftovers. Also, since I do want to enjoy myself, is it worth it to go with thin crust? Is the regular crust so damn good that I can't miss it?

Replies

• RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    i'm almost positive they list calories on their website.

i always order the 1/2 chopped salad with the dressing on the side.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Honestly you should try and go exercise for a little bit before you go. Even if you walk on the treadmill you can allocate some extra calories for dinner.

They usually have "pizza for one" and even the thin crust kind is 450-500 calories.
  • vivianko
    vivianko Posts: 7
    Options
    If you get the dressing mixed in, a salad can be over 1700 calories! (I learned the hard way.) I usually get the cobb salad (you can add beets if you like them) with the herbed ranch dressing on the side and then I'll steal a slice or two of margherita pizza from my husband. :) Good luck!
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Eh, I really don't want a salad.

How big are the personal pizzas? Around 3 or 2 servings?

Lol, since I'm not paying for it, I'm tempted to order a salad and pretend I thought it was an appetizer, just eat a bit, and squirrel the rest away for future meals. But I have a feeling I wouldn't be able to stop picking at it! They all look really tasty.