Tonsil and adenoid removal...?

Options
2»

Replies

• zandrellia
    zandrellia Posts: 26
    Options
    I know it's going to sound weird, but you could always eat any baby foods that are stage 2 or less. It might sound awful now to eat pureed carrots but when you can't eat solids and are craving something other than jello you'll come to appreciate it.

I had my tonsils removed when I was six, so I healed faster than an adult would. It only took a week or two for my body to heal up before I could eat more foods. I would assume for an adult it would take about a week longer.

Cream of wheat with honey like someone said sounds like a great plan. Also consider oatmeal (just cook it really well) and squash or sweet potatoes. You can have them without dairy! Boiled or baked they come out smooth and can be mashed up like potatoes - also you do not have to use dairy in mashed potatoes. (You can use broth to add flavor or just water!)

At first you'll want nothing but water - for at least a day or two. After that you'll probably want cold foods as the cold numbs your throat to any initial pain. Eventually, you'll want warmer foods as the skin heals, so plan ahead and buy accordingly.

You can make a lot of cold type soups that are amazingly delicious, too. There are plenty of recipes online. Just make sure to not have any chunks of food as they can hurt and be difficult to swallow. Pea soup would be great for this.