Hummus?

Options
2»

Replies

• momonkey678
    Options
    Trader Joes i think has the best Hummas their spicy hummas if amazing, great to dip your veggies in!
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    no way, hummus is way better homemade. Plus you don't get all those preservatives and non-sense in that store bought stuff. Just a suggestion.
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have started using hummus as a replacement for mayonaise. Mind you, you can't go into it thinking it will taste like mayo. It won't. But, I can't stand the low fat/fat free mayos. So, I spread a tablespoon on my bread when I am making a sandwich. Usually, I make chicken sandwiches with leftover chicken from a prior dinner. I also use it to make "egg salad." Oh, and as a dip for pretzels, veggies, and baked chips. Just pick your favorite flavor and go for it. I find that it adds great flavor to these things and has a consistency that works in place of mayo. Not quite as smooth, but workable. I am starting to use it so much, that I am considering making my own, so that it is less expensive. I made some before, but I wasn't eating it as much then, and didn't want it to go to waste. When I did make it, it was a simple recipe. Took 5 - 10 minutes.
  • julesandrad
    julesandrad Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh its so good, i dunno how describe the taste but u should try it!!:tongue:
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I love the horshradish (sp?) hummus from Trader Joe's. It is great. I use it instead of mayo and mustard on things.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    i bought some hummus the other day and forgot it in the car over night :indifferent: :frown:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I made a great hummus today with roasted garlic!! :love: :love:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    no way, hummus is way better homemade. Plus you don't get all those preservatives and non-sense in that store bought stuff. Just a suggestion.

I totally agree. Hubbs makes the best homemade hummus. He also makes Atar Alecha and it's amazing!

I can't buy the store bought stuff because of the sodium but I can mow down on the homemade.