Hello I'm New and Need Friends

Hi my name is Vicky :flowerforyou:

I just came across this site yesterday after recommendation from a colleague at work.

I am 5ft 6 and 129kg (:sad: ) so I have a lot to lose. So need to lose 1/2 of what I am carrying around with me. It would be great to have similar friend needing to do the same. Though happy for friends just for support!!

Look forward to hearing from peeps soon :smile:

xx

Replies

• frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Heeeey! I am also called Vicky!! YAY! I am here alllllllll the time would love to help with all the motivation! xx
  • lesleyt1982
    lesleyt1982 Posts: 46 Member
    Hey hun.
    I'll be friend. i'm 77kg now started at 92kg in Jan. I eat pretty well, and exercise regularly. I'm a nurse and full time mum so have a busy life here in the UK. Not were I want to be yet. Aiming for about 70kg.
    I will view ur diary and give advice if I think I can help and always have my diary open. If U are a but naughty with ur day I want slag U off but won't let U get away with it. add me.
  • VickyJo21
    VickyJo21 Posts: 9
    Thanks Sweetie

My first objective will be to put something in, because I am terrible to procrastinating :o(. I need someone telling me to get my finger out!

Vicky
  • emb94
    emb94 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi!

I'm kinda in the same boat - lots to lose, but motivation needs a kick up the backside! I've decided to aim for smaller goals so I'm not over-whelmed!:smile:

Em
  • lancelot12
    lancelot12 Posts: 50 Member
    Feel free to add me.47 year old woman from Northumberland.Just joined a couple of weeks ago and find this site very helpful. good luck x
  • sissy0107
    sissy0107 Posts: 40 Member
    Hey, feel free to add me as well :
    I'm 100 kg and need to lose 40 of them. I just started a few days ago ^^.
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Hello and welcome, Vicky - you've come to the right place for motivation and support, I've been on here two months now and lost 17lbs and I couldn't have done it without the motivation and support of my lovely mfp buddies! Feel free to add me if you want - I'm a 40yo female living in the Cotswolds and would like to lose another 30 or so lbs.
  • buttons2012
    buttons2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi Im new as well and have alot to lose! Would love some buddies to motivate me. Add me pls
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Feel free to add me. That goes for anyone
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    I was in the same boat as you...

I'm 5'5" and weighed 255 pounds (115 kg) last May. I started following serving sizes on foods we prepared at home and lost 10 pounds (4.5 kg) over 3 months...then I got serious.

I joined MFP in August 2011 have have had great success. I was sitting at 245 pounds (111 kg) and set a goal weight of 130 (59 kg). I have never looked back.

Congratulations on your victory. I believe that finding the site is a great first step in your road to becoming healthier. It will be an amazing journey here on MFP. You will meet all sorts of people, young and not so young, from all walks of life with one goal in mind...and it's the same as yours.

You will find that there are people here that are very supportive of your efforts, and some, not many, who will criticize your every move.

Feel free to add me--I'm all for paying back the support I have received during my journey so far...and mine is not over yet!
  • JimmyfromNYC
    JimmyfromNYC Posts: 35 Member
    Hi My name is Jim, from the states. As far as losing the weight, we are in the same boat. I need to drop 25 lbs. Noticed you are from England, so you might become my second cross-atlantic friend as I already have a friend from England. Anyway here for motivation, support and encouragement if you like. Jim
  • twinksie
    twinksie Posts: 17 Member
    Hi,

I'm a 35 year old female living in Berkshire. I've been using this off and on for a couple of months, but I guess the main reason I'm not getting many results is because I'm not really linked up with any friends! It looks like having friends is the way to keep encouraging one another!

I need to lose about four stone to get to my goal weight, but I think I'll need to break it up into smaller chunks so that I feel like I'm making some progress...

I do like how it makes me feel guilty if I don't do any exercise because I have to be very careful not to exceed my daily calories.

I love hearing about others' success. It gives me hope that it's possible... just need to get a bit of motivation to stick with it. :bigsmile: