Water weight even whilst loosing.

Options
In the last week.I have started upping my water levels and exercising more frequent. I have lost around 2kg in a week and a half. Great! I updated my weight yesterday from 110.9kg to 109.5kg. I have just been on the scales again this morning and seen 108.9kg

Would it be wrong to update my weight after just 1 day as it has been so much?

When I started here I lost a lot of weight very fast and then it levelled out. I'm guessing it was water weight. I have noticed in the last couple of weeks I havnt drank as much water so had I put water weight on even without the scales showing so? Now it's dropping off as I drank loads in the last 2-3 days?
As horrible as it sounds I want to the loo a lot yesterday for both a number one and number 2 and was very gassy throughout the day. Was I constipated?

Replies

• Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I should add, I have been checking the scales at the same time of day ( first thing in a morning) and they are the same scales.

So would you log the new weightloss or was it a fluke?
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Try limitting your recorded weigh ins on MFP to once a week..
    I admit I weigh myself pretty much every 3 days because I am excited to see if I lost. Also, when I started I lost pretty much water weight and waste! It was nasty, and I lost about 5 kgs in 2 weeks. My weight loss is now 700 - 800 grams a week so I am pretty happy with that.

I have heard about drinking tons and tons of water makes you put on water weight and then a few days later you get an insane weight loss? Not sure, just rumours I've heard.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I log daily into a phone app called "Libra" which draws a smoothing curve through the random daily variations and tells you the long term trend.

Your weight can easily move around +/- 1 kg even without the vagaries of scales.