When others don't notice.... NSV

Options
Kai85
Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
I went to a family gathering today. I hadn't seen my grandparents since Christmas. I have lost 11kg (24 lbs) since then. My mum and grandma both noticed and commented on my weight loss and how good I was looking. That was fantastic.

My granddad didn't notice and this meant so much more. He has never commented on my weight gain and alway just accepted me as me (and gotten up my grandma when she has had some negative things to say). Well today he just said "you're Kylie" and he's right. As much as it's great for people to comment on weight loss for someone to just see the real you is so much more important :heart:

Replies

• minxonastick
    Options
    I went to a family gathering today. I hadn't seen my grandparents since Christmas. I have lost 11kg (24 lbs) since then. My mum and grandma both noticed and commented on my weight loss and how good I was looking. That was fantastic.

My granddad didn't notice and this meant so much more. He has never commented on my weight gain and alway just accepted me as me (and gotten up my grandma when she has had some negative things to say). Well today he just said "you're Kylie" and he's right. As much as it's great for people to comment on weight loss for someone to just see the real you is so much more important :heart:

I love this post. Your grandfather sounds awesome. My late grandpa was just like yours. He never noticed or said anything about my weight fluctuations. He thought I was gorgeous, every moment, from the time I was born. And he meant that.

I'm so happy you had that moment!
  • Kai85
    Options
    Thanks. He's said things like that before but it never really clicked until yesterday
  • Kai85
    Options

I love this post. Your grandfather sounds awesome. My late grandpa was just like yours. He never noticed or said anything about my weight fluctuations. He thought I was gorgeous, every moment, from the time I was born. And he meant that.

I'm so happy you had that moment!

Sorry for your loss. Glad you had your wonderful grandfather's influence in your life
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Your grandpa sounds amazing and knows the real Kylie :heart:
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Your grandpa sounds much like my dad, he probably has noticed my weight fluctuations, and he sees how I'm struggling with the weight loss, but he doesn't care, it doesn't matter to him, :) he just sees me. :)
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Wow, this really puts things into perspective, thanks for sharing!!!
  • Jori33
    Jori33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! There's so many people in this world who judge us on how we look and it's so nice to be reminded that who we are inside is more important than outward appearances. The closest experience I was when I told this one boy I was trying to lose weight. 'You're beautiful, but that's not why I like you. I like you for who you are.' It just about melted my heart. :heart:

You're grandpa sound amazing. :smile:
  • lizsharlow
    lizsharlow Posts: 15
    Options
    That is soo cute. how wonderful to have someone just see you.