Weekend Madness

Options
Feeling extremely guilty and disappointed...yesterday was a friend's 25th birthday and consisted of us having a pub lunch, take away for tea, numeruos alcoholic beverages and pizza on the way home...followed by a fry up this morning. Must have eaten around 5,000 calories (my daily target is 1400). What do I do. Feel like my hard work for the last couple of weeks has gone out the window but I really needed a good night out.

Feeling very demotivated and annoyed at myself. How do you cheer yourself up after a weekend like this?!

Replies

• Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Oh god. I am shocked. Yet, there is a way out! KEEP GOING! You might rebound but get right back on the diet. Everyone will mess up.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Just move on. It happened and it's over. Fretting about it will not make it go away. All you can do now is not let it happen today, tomorrow, etc. You can beat yourself up over it and feel even worse, or you can do better today. Your choice.
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm having a binge weekend as it's my fiance's leaving party & we're at his family's so party food & cider yesterday, loads of treats & think we're going out for a meal tonight. Not even counting my calories because it's impossible but it's a rare occurance & I know I'll make up for it in the week. Plus I've still done 30 Day Shred & some walking so I'm just gonna be strict with my calories again after this weekend.
  • sophiesummerdiet
    sophiesummerdiet Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks hun - its only one blow out! I attempted the calorie count - think I made it about 4000 for Saturday and the fry up has added to todays. Got no effort for the gym ha! Going to go to the gym tomorrow and do a massive session for like 2 hours...maybe that will help!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Life happens. It's not about what you did yesterday, it's what you'll do today. Keep your head up and stay focused. It will be okay!
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    It's the weekend! We all need a little change once in a while honestly. A day from not following your goal calorie intake is probably good for your body, it might confuse it, and help you begin losing weight again. I have a bad day just so i do mix it up(:
    Don't feel down on yourself, just get back on track and you will be fine.
    Hope this helped!
  • janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Life happens. It's not about what you did yesterday, it's what you'll do today. Keep your head up and stay focused. It will be okay!

This. Life gets in the way sometimes, but you can't just avoid everything. First week in may is anniversary/boyfs birthday/dads birthday which makes it a very hard week.

Just keep going and get back on track!
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    When I go off my program for an event and I am way over, I leaft thru all the days in the past where I was on program and tell myself, Hey I am so doing this and one over day is not going to undermine all of the work I have done thus far. You can see the physical proof of all the good you have done for your body and you just move on. You are in control not the extra calories you ate yesterday. Go Girl.:love:
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options

The same thing is true for me every weekend! I double my water intake the day after to flush out all the extra sodium, but thats the only change I make to my routine. I follow my calorie intake and exercise as usual for the upcoming week. Strengthening your muscles will help you to deal with the extra calories that life throws your way. This approach is working well for me, I've lost 1lb/week, every week, for 8 weeks in a row and I still get to live it up on Saturday night! :drinker: Good luck!!!
  • JustJessicaRabbit
    JustJessicaRabbit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are saying, I had a rough week last week due to stress. If you are an emotional eater or social eater, I think it's important to reflect on the "old" you who might have done that sort of thing without a second thought. The new you is mindful of what goes into your mouth and what it can cost you if you don't pay attention. Give yourself the chance to mess-up once in a while because it reminds you why you started this journey to begin with. That's what I'm doing. Take care, and hang in there it's the marathon not the sprint!
  • daisyhougan
    daisyhougan Posts: 52
    Options
    I love the way one previous poster looks through the previous days when they were on target to remind themselves that they can do it. Love it. I'm going to try that too to remind myself that the good days vastly outnumber the bad ones. Bad ones happen occasionally....special occasions pop up but the important thing is the overall trend not one blip. Having said that, special occasions will pop up and I need to figure out a way to cope with them rather than either avoiding them or binging.