Am i the only one?

Options
Am i the only one who is already rather thin but still freaks out and cry over her body? I hate feeling like i am fat, i feel as if no one on here has that problem? Are any of you either feeling pathetic even though you are beautiful?
I could really use some support.

Replies

• RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am fairly thin and I don't feel fat but I do feel like I have "problem areas" that I want to improve on. I have never cried over my body but I have been unhappy with it even though it is healthy.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    It's just a few times i have cried. Most likely because i am a girl and feel the need to look perfect.
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Normally, if you have to ask yourself if you are the only one, you are not. :) Just like we work on our outside appearance, we need to work on the inside. I'm sure that EVERYONE has something about their body that they are insecure about. Love your body!!!!!!! If there is something in particular that you aren't happy with, try working on that.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    No, you're certainly not the only one! I am like that all the time. I've lost almost 50 pounds and look much better than I did, but now I have stretchmarks and some baggy-ish skin and my boobs haven't shrunk at all, so I find myself more disgusting than ever. Everyone else thinks I look amazing, but I still cry myself to sleep some nights over how bad I think I look.

People keep telling me to just look at the positives, so I guess that's what I'll you too. Stay positive. Work your hardest. Love yourself.
  • Mase3000
    Mase3000 Posts: 4
    Options
    I wouldnt think you were. There have plenty of times that I felt I was not at my best body image wise and it really took a toll on me. I am not small, I use to be, and Im getting there. When I first started out a month ago I was 174.4, the biggest I have ever been in my life. I am now 154 and I hope to be 140 by the end of June. Just know you are wonderful no matter what, but if you are going to change something, let it be your mindset first...then your "problem areas". Good Luck!
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    i am trying my best to love my body
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I'm 9½ stones; (133Ibs); (60ish kilos); at 5'4". Ideally, this should be OK BUT my tummy is huge :sad:
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one at all. I (and most teenage girls i know) have some serious issues with eating and body image.
  • jessi3385
    jessi3385 Posts: 9
    Options
    You know whats awesome, is that I have read through all the posts and not one person gave you a hard time about it. I have been n boards where they would have figuratively "stoned" you for complaining about being thin and still not happy. I love these message boards.

Honey, its not you. Its social media and "standards" these days that contribute to how you are feeling. I have lost 167lbs in 3 years and I am still overweight according to BMI charts. I dont pay attention to those much, they make me feel like Im not good enough even still...Its extremely difficult to change your thought patterns. It really is. Possibly one of the hardest things to do in the world. We are pressured by the thought that perfection is the goal--perfection is relative by the way. Because we see celebrities (who are probably more pressured than anyone else in the world to appear perfect physically) and envy them. People get such positive responses from others when they look a certain way.

My reality, is that I have to be ok with the fact--not the assumption--the fact, that I will probably never look like Jennifer Aniston or anyone other than myself. I have saggy skin from weight loss too (someone else in posting mentioned this problem). Stretch marks, flabby arms, a tiny tiny bit of a chin....my "imperfection list" goes on. Its so hard to love myself. Theres always something. I feel like its a never ending battle. Who are we trying to impress? Whose standards are we trying to live up to? Why are our own standards so high? Just relax and do what you can to be *healthy* not thin or "celebrity hott" but healthy. Try to make health more important than appearance...its difficult though I know and you're not alone :) I wish the best for you because this journey is not easy!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I still have my fat days although I did hit my goal a while ago and am in maintain. I sometimes still see a fat person staring back at me in the mirror. Sometimes I stand there with no clothes on and can find 20 things wrong with me in 20 seconds. I usually feel better with my clothes on, I catch a glimpse of myself in store mirrors or windows and can see the drastic change and think "Whoa!" other times in public I see people who might be my size or maybe smaller wearing cute clothes and I know I couldn't wear them even though we might be the same size because their legs aren't jiggly at the thighs, their arms don't jiggle a bit by the arm pits. They would look amazing in a bikini and I am 100% certain I will never ever wear a bikini, I've never wore one .. ever .. in my entire life. I had to buy new bottoms and a top for swimming this summer, I settled on the ever boring "must hide my imperfections" tankini, not what I wanted of course.

I hear ya, definitely. It's amazing how mental weight loss can be. It also does not help I messed up totally yesterday so today I am kicking my own a s s pretty hard.
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    fat days i can't stand them!!! they just make me feel horrible.