Anyone else dieting for their wedding?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Not a bride, but I wrote this for brides-to-be.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TheGoblinRoad/view/women-and-weddings-from-a-guy-s-point-of-view-244070

Wish you happiness either way!
  • FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Not for <i>my</i> wedding, but for my brother's. He and my darling SIL-to-be (who is on here as well) are getting married on 4 August.
    Oh, my Mom just joined, too, so hopefully we will be able to all motivate each other.
  • michcruz
    michcruz Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am getting married December 8th. I am pretty much down to where I would like to be. I started my journey close to 3 years ago. I am a few pounds shy of my goal weight and am fluctuating a bit, but I believe it's because I'm building up more muscle. I'm trying to maintain until the wedding and I keep this lifestyle up so that I can stay healthier even after the wedding and hopefully for when we start expanding the family.

Add me as a friend for support if you'd like. Congratulations again!!
  • ksanterre12
    ksanterre12 Posts: 13
    Options
    Not to be the big downer in this thread... but what are you all going to do after you get married?

You shouldn't be dieting, you should be changing your habits... it shouldn't be short term thing, but rather a lifestyle change.

I'm not dieting. Losing weight, yes. Eating healthier, yes. Working out more consistently, yes. Making healthy swaps in recipes I love, yes. Dieting, no. Cutting out every "junk" food, no. Cutting out beer/alcohol, no. Just limiting those things to a more reasonable level.

Edit: just wanted to say I don't mean to sound snarky or witchy - just wanted to point out that although a lot of us have a short-term goal in mind (i.e. our weddings) doesn't necessarily mean that after the wedding we're just going to throw our hands in the air and say "woo-hoo I made it, going right back to how I was before!!!"

I should also point out that although I know this is how I feel others may not necessarily feel the same. I've known and struggled with my weight for a long time. Having my wedding approach was the push I needed to make realistic changes.

Okay, done rambling! :smile:
  • LaurieT907
    LaurieT907 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a bride to be also! Sept 7 :smile:
  • Soon2BeMrsThomson
    Options
    Meeeee!!! 67 days and counting.....eeeek!!!
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    im getting married 10/13/12 and have lost 25 pounds so far! feel free to add me! :smile:
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Another bride to be here! :) We haven't settled on a date quite yet but I'm hoping for April 27th of next year. (He proposed april 37th :D)

I've just recently "restarted" and am down 8 lbs in 4 weeks through eating better and limiting junk. My house has been crazy but I'll be exercising a lot more starting next week. I still have 80-90 lbs to go so i have a long journey ahead of me. But i hope to completely change my lifestyle and habits along the way so i can continue with a healthy life. :)

Feel free to add me ladies.
  • AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    Options
    Not to be the big downer in this thread... but what are you all going to do after you get married?

You shouldn't be dieting, you should be changing your habits... it shouldn't be short term thing, but rather a lifestyle change.

I'm not dieting. Losing weight, yes. Eating healthier, yes. Working out more consistently, yes. Making healthy swaps in recipes I love, yes. Dieting, no. Cutting out every "junk" food, no. Cutting out beer/alcohol, no. Just limiting those things to a more reasonable level.

Edit: just wanted to say I don't mean to sound snarky or witchy - just wanted to point out that although a lot of us have a short-term goal in mind (i.e. our weddings) doesn't necessarily mean that after the wedding we're just going to throw our hands in the air and say "woo-hoo I made it, going right back to how I was before!!!"

I should also point out that although I know this is how I feel others may not necessarily feel the same. I've known and struggled with my weight for a long time. Having my wedding approach was the push I needed to make realistic changes.

Okay, done rambling! :smile:

^^What she said^^
  • soccerlyss08
    soccerlyss08 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'll be getting married in June 2013 and am hoping to lose 40 pounds by then. Time to get serious and get healthy! I'll take all the motivation I can get--feel free to add me!