1 yr later, a new me... 75 lbs lost, but SO MUCH GAINED!

Options
Cheri_Moves
Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
Since I think I have figured out how to post pics, I wanted to share my story with you all!

In June of 2011, I embarked on a new life. I weighed 227 pounds and so did my heart. my heart felt so heavy and burdened with my fatness I just wanted to give up. I knew It would take changing EVERYTHING for me to change the way I looked and felt. So that's exactly what I did!
158.jpg003-001.jpg209.jpg
In January 2012, I decided I needed loftier goals and wanted to push myself beyond the point I have ever been before. I decided to start training for my first triathlon! I began running (for the first time), swimming, biking MORE and spending A LOT of time doing these things! I was happy with the progress I was making... I had lost about 60-65 pounds by this point.
035-001.jpg036-002.jpg
Then in March 2012, I decided I STILL needed more! I started the New Rules of Lifting For Women strength training program. I fell in love with muscles!
002-001.jpg004-001.jpg
It is now May 13, 2012. I am well underway with my training, planning on many road running races this summer, a sprint triathlon on July 28th, 2012 and possible an Olympic tri at the end of the season. I have lost a total of 75 pounds, gained muscle, endurance, stamina, confidence and knowledge. I eat healthy... I eat to fuel my body.
018.jpg

The ways in which my life has changed are absolutely AMAZING! I would never have dream in a million years, I would be living the life I am now. I am not done... but are we ever???

Replies

• jfields42
    jfields42 Posts: 27
    Options
    that is amazing. you look great!
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! !!! Congrats!!!!
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Wow, great job!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job. Way to take control of your life and make it the life you want!
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Awesome journey! You look fabulous! Congrats!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    :noway: In-freaking-credible!!! What an inspiration!!

Thank you and keep it up!! :drinker:
  • saraht131
    saraht131 Posts: 86
    Options
    Holy crap!!!! Well done! You look about 20 years younger now as well! You are an inspiration.
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!
    Wow.......way to stick with it.
    Truly an inspiration to us all!!!!!!!!!!
  • gigibenton
    gigibenton Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Simply incredible!
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing! Congrats!!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Well done! An inspiration for sure!
  • middlewhitford
    Options
    Wow, you are amazing! You look so much younger after all the weight loss, almost like a completely different person.
    You're a total inspiration, well done you!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!!!!
  • jjohnboy2000
    jjohnboy2000 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Stunning and inspirational story well done.
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!! I know if you can look that great then someday I can too:)

Plus props for being in Oregon too!!! :flowerforyou:
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    AWESOME
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    WOW is all I can say. You look like a brand new person. Good for you for working so hard to reach your goals! :) You look GREAT!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    AMAZING JOB!!!! :)
  • SusieB01
    SusieB01 Posts: 89
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! I need the inspiration! Your 'before' picture is just about my size. I'm just getting started again and I need something to help me stick with it. Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!