Best water belt?

Options
I've never run with water, just don't like carrying it, so I deal. But it's getting hotter out and I just ran my longest ever, 13 miles, in the sun with no water....and I don't ever want to do that again!

I don't like carrying things, but I also don't like the idea of something bouncing around at my waist. So I'm looking for suggestions, I guess one of those belts with the small water bottles would be best for me? Recommendations? Other ideas?

Thanks!

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I had (notice past tense) one of the belts that held a single, larger water bottle in the small of my back - the belt wasn't elasticized so it would loosen a bit, the bottle would bounce - it drove me crazy.

Enter the FuelBelt - 2 smaller bottles held snugly in place, elasticized belt with velcro closure = much happier runner. (I think mine is called the Wachusett Belt)

I only use it for my longer runs on Sundays.
  • ItIsJessMe
    ItIsJessMe Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you Brian!
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    The fuelbelts look awesome and I think I'm picking up one this week. I currently have one of those one bottle holders that Brian mentioned and its totally annoying and I can imagine it will get worse as I get further along in the c25k program
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Agree as well. Bottle holder = annoying. Fuel Belt seems to stay in place and the one I have has a pocket to hold keys etc.