HRM help- polar F4

Options
omid990
omid990 Posts: 785 Member
i just bought a polar F4 and set it up and everything. I'm wearing the chest strap but its not reading my heart rate. anyone else experience this problem or know how to help?

Edit: I went on the site but didn't find anything useful. If anyone has any links that could point me in the right direction, that would be wonderful.

Replies

• lacieinthesky
    lacieinthesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Did you get the chest strap wet first? You have to get it fairly wet in order to activate it. I also have at F4 and whenever mine won't read mine, I go put my fingers under some water and rub them on the two "electrodes" and then it works. Good luck!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Did you get the chest strap wet first? You have to get it fairly wet in order to activate it. I also have at F4 and whenever mine won't read mine, I go put my fingers under some water and rub them on the two "electrodes" and then it works. Good luck!

Once you get sweaty, the band electrodes have no problem reading your heart rate.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the 'get it wet' votes. Also make sure you've got it in the right place. Sometimes mine gets picky and I have to move it.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    thank you for your help!
  • lacieinthesky
    lacieinthesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ya, it definitely works after getting sweaty, but if you want it to read before that make sure you get it wet!!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I just bought and started using a F4. Do those of you who use it wet the electrodes before working out everytime?? Or just when setting it up?
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Every time. :smile:
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Phew! Ok. I was wetting it every time I used it. I didn't see the directions say not to but I just assumed. Glad to know I'm not damaging the electrodes!