5'5 weight 125....Friends that are the same?

Options
I am about 5'5ish weight around 125. Now since i am already fairly light it is much harder to lose weight. I am looking for people around the same height and weight to help me out. I am trying to get down to about 110. But i can't really lose much weight, i would love to lose about 1 or 2 pounds a week. It seems super hard!!!! Anyone out there having the same troubles because you are already rather small??? Anyone have tips?

Help would be greatly appreciated(:

Replies

• Michelle650
    Michelle650 Posts: 218
    Options
    I have a feeling you definitely won't lose 2lbs a week as you are already very light! Instead of trying to lose more weight, have you ever tried weight lifting. That is what will transfer your body, not losing more weight!
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    It doesn't have to be 2 that was just a goal, if i can do 1 i will be happy.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    119 is the low end of a healthy weight at 5'5". By looking at your profile pic, you don't look like you need to lose any weight. Why is your goal so low?
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    I have just always wanted to be about 110-115 but have never been there.
  • kristyanne77
    kristyanne77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was the same, and managed to lose about 2kg at a rate of .5 kg a week. It's very hard, but it made a difference to how I look and feel. Now i'm just trying to lower my body fat amount insteady by upping my exercise (cardio and weights) about 4 times a week. I hope it helps because i'd like to change my body shape a bit more.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 120lbs. I think 110 is really low for our height, even if you are a small frame. What goals are you trying to achieve? You may have more luck lifting weights and building muscle/shedding fat instead of trying to lose so much weight. You will be smaller overall (inches and pants size). And 1-2lbs a week is not feasible at your weight. I've been losing 1-2lbs a MONTH (in a good month, sometimes only .5-1lb/month) since January.....I was at 126 and I'm shooting for a final goal weight of 118.
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    i just want my upper arms thinner, my little belly gone.
  • jessmiyagi
    jessmiyagi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Remember weight is not a good sign of health!
    Figure out your body fat and body composition to set goals. Being healthy and strong is much more powerful than the number n the scale.
    I and a health coach and i am personally am 128 and 5'4".. i am shooting for 125 and 105lbs of lean muscle right now just as a summer bikini goal.. but i am also doing it all being the healthiest i can be. getting 100% of my RDA, hitting my protein requirements, and staying under my calorie ceiling but never going under 1200 calories.
    If you need any help figuring out any of these numbers for yourself let me know! id love to help you :)
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    i just want my upper arms thinner, my little belly gone.

Eat good food. Lift heavy weights. You don't need to lose 15lbs to lose the belly and get thinner arms. You need nice lean muscles and less body fat. My diary is open - I eat 2200-2400 calories a day and am maintaining and 120lbs. I have really changed the shape of my body by lifting weights. I don't care a whole lot what the scale says at this point, I wear a size 2 or 4 in pants and am happy with how my body looks. That's more important than any number on the scale.
  • hanlousmith
    hanlousmith Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and weigh 122lbs. Trying to get down to 110 aswell, add me! xx
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    the scale does however effect how i feel :( i just wanna be a 0 again
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm not-quite 5'6 and my goal is 110-115. I have weighed that before and I think it's a good weight for me. I'm at about 132 now. It is very difficult for me to lose weight once I get to around 120-125, too.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", and my lean muscle mass alone is 113 lb (ie: 0% body fat, which means I would be dead!) So do keep in mind that the weight may not be attainable for you depending on your build. Something like a % body fat goal is usually a more reliable indicator of fitness, as weight varies so drastically between different builds!
  • MeowserKitty
    MeowserKitty Posts: 185
    Options
    5'5 115 pounds, yo.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    the scale does however effect how i feel :( i just wanna be a 0 again

You might be able to get there with a little higher weight. I was a size 0 around 117. I also have a small frame. I'm 133 now and a 4. My goal is set at 125, but based on my body fat, I may need to get to 119 or so to have a body fat in the fit/ athletic range.
  • MeowserKitty
    MeowserKitty Posts: 185
    Options
    Gah, sorry, jank computer
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    thank you all for your words(:
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    losing weight doesnt necessarily mean you're gonna be a 0 .. believe me ..i'm 103 lbs and I'm 5'3 and I can maybe squeeze in a 1. everyone is right, strength training might be your best bet. I do cardio 3 times a week, strength 3 times a week. My arms and legs are thin but i'm left with flab on my tummy ( i had 3 kids). I weigh a little bit but look about 10 lbs heavier than i am. Think about toning more than the number on the scale ...and dont let people tell you what is a good weight for you or not...only you can decide that. As long as you're not pushing yourself too much..i dont see the problem in weighing what you want. do whats best for you ;)
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'4, 121lb, and I'm ok with my weight I just want to tone, which sounds like what you want to do, I would stop looking at the scale and start measuring and toning, that's how you lose the tummy. Add me if you want!
  • Queenieofballentine
    Queenieofballentine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need muscle toning not weight loss.