Greem Team Week 9

Options
Hi all
Hope all of you have a good weight in this week. I will post mine in the morning

Replies

• jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Well no pounds lost, but since I justed started back I really didn't expect much. Hope everyone did better than me. Later
  • angiemcnett
    angiemcnett Posts: 429
    Options
    I am checking in at 207.6 pounds. I am 4.2 pounds up from my last check in on June 12. Considering I have been out of town and eating out a lot without exercising, I am glad I only gained 4 pounds. I am going to have to get back in the routine of exercising and eating better.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I AM BACK!!

HI GREEN TEAM!! gosh, i could hardly wait to get on here and see how my buddies are doing and what has been going on!! someone bring me up to date!!

well, we had a pretty good week in Canada. NO rain, low's in the 40-50's, highs in the upper 60's, mid 70's. LOTS and LOTS of skeeters! my son brought his g/f along and she got 2 gnat bites on her eyelid and it completely swelled shut for 2 days....i was very concerned for her, and felt bad. we caught our limits of walleye and every day we had a meal of fresh walleye and northern pike. YUMMY!! it is a 16 hour drive (one way) from here, so the worse part of the whole trip is the travel time. i ate as well as i could, just watched portions, and only exercised one day with my walk/jog on the beach. last thurs when i left i was at 186.8 and today i am 181.8. so i am down 5 lbs. ready to get serious here and take off 20 more. seems like it is taking me forever, but still working on the CHANGE!

SO, hope everyone is doing good and i will check in off and on today!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I am at 187 so lowe than my OMG day when I thought I was skinny and was up 5:laugh: :noway: :laugh:

kellya - girl, you are almost in thr 170's!!!! who was cleanin all that fish?

jacque - hope this weekend is better than your last

amcnett - glad to see you back!

where are my other ladies?
  • purrr
    purrr Posts: 46
    Options
    hah, where was this thread, just found it! i am down to 189 lbs, that's 2 lbs lost from last week i think... i feel too lazy to be true... :blushing: will write more when i'm not so lazy to even type :laugh:

kelly~ glad you are back to us :heart: any new pictures from Canada?
  • porka29
    Options
    purrr - you're droppin weight fast!!! if I didn't like my bf so much, I'd get me a new man!:bigsmile:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    taking a very relaxing weekend here......didn't get all the rest i needed up north. had a mini nap a while ago, and dh is still sleepin on the floor... :yawn: any others get back from vaca and more tired than when you left? i need to take one of those vacations where i can get up as late as i want, not have interrupted sleep and then do nothing all day long!! :tongue: that's is what i call R & R!

been trying to catch up on all the happenings here......

jacque ~ i am so sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt. may good times and happy memories comfort you in the days, weeks and months ahead. one day at a time friend :heart: ** hugs ** :heart: i too have experienced the sun shining and / or it raining on funeral day. makes things more bittersweet! i hope you get the rain you need and things cool down for ya. we just had storms and downpours yesterday.....over 4 inches.....i had a pond in my backyard. :noway:

kitn ~ hope you are enjoying your weekend at the lake and some special time w/your dh. :heart: i did get a little bit of a Canadian tan last week. sun seems closer there....:glasses:

sassie ~ sounds like you are having some real fun in beauty school! i always wondered about becoming a nail technician. i have the bad habit of nail biting.....and have artificial on most of the time. woot woot....countin the days to your big W !! so happy for ya girl! i am gettin excited for Vegas too! :bigsmile:

aml ~ HI ~~ :flowerforyou:

purr ~ i am so hapoy to be hear and witness this love story.....it is like readin a steamy novel! :blushing: the sizzle is felt over here!! Levent sounds like a nice man, and he must think a lot of you to take you to his momma! sounds like you are tired.....take it easy and get some rest with that beau of yours!! watch out for those virus's!! :heart:

christi ~ i love to cook too...and it makes me feel even better when i try something new and it turns out good! i usually bake goodies for my guys at least once a week....besides the normal daily cooking.

sally ~ welcome back! check in when you can!

angie ~ 4 lbs is not that bad at all for a month. jump on this ole wagon with us, we're all on the ride!

well, i need to get out an mow. will try and get some pics posted soon. have a great weekend buddies! i am going to really try harder at my goals here......need to get my exercise happenin' more consistantly. i have my DOT physical in 3 days.....hopefully i am down from 2 yrs ago!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    ok, i posted pics on my profile page....
    1. this was taken as we were leavin' camp, all closed up. cabin is 22 yrs old, built by my inlaws and dh grandparents. in '87, the year we married.

2. me and my sweetie at the 'Falls' on Badrock Lake. the water was so high in early June they could not walk over the falls, like we did this trip. and when dh and son left in early June, snow was falling!

3. forest views, it is mostly pine and birch trees up there, breath taking...

4. this is the water tower we built about 5 years ago. we pump water from the lake to it, and filled about 6 times a year...and holds 300 gallons.

5. this is the view atop the water tower looking down at our campsite. we are the only cabin on the lake besides a local trapper.

6. in the distance (lake) is a rock, Badrock, hence the lake's name. it is massive, and when the lake is warm enough, we swim out to it and build rock formations, that get knocked down each winter by the ice when the lake freezes.

7. the boat dock at midday. it takes about 12 minutes to cross the lake in a boat from where we portage all our food, clothing, fuel, EVERYTHING. no, this is not my ideal vacation, but when my family goes, I GO!

things have come so far since dh grandfather started going in 1953. he stayed in a log cabin, tents, tin sheds with outdoor kitchens. we now have frig, stove/oven that run off propane. a solar panel now charges numerous batteries which feeds an inverter to produce 120v AC power and that allow us to have lights and power in the cabin...like a toaster, vacuum, and water heater. yes, i can take a HOT shower!! the original outhouse was replaced a couple yrs ago and now is a good ole Port O Jonny!!

no, i did not have to clean any of the fish....just all the other womanly chores!!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am here.....not logging food or logging exercise....cause there is none....well I do walk darn near every day for 10 mins.....2 weeks down, I think I am used to school hours now.

I am going shopping and gonna really really get going on this again. I need to do this.

You all I gained 6 pounds back :(

I have been really really really off the wagon for over 1 month.....I am freaked out, I don't get it.....I was doing so well.....I am so mad at myself, now i am getting hitched in 2 weeks and I am UP WEIGHT.................................FALARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone take over my meal plan damnit........Porka, care to take a swing at it?....I have time for breakfast, a 10 min break in the am, 30 min lunch 10 min break in the afternoon........and then dinner. I need 1200 cals..........I wanna take 10 pounds off.......

Ok, I am just freaked.......................

Hiya kelly_a..........................welcome back...........almost Vegas time!!!!
  • purrr
    purrr Posts: 46
    Options
    wow, kelly, awesome pics, i wish i would go on a forest adventure with the man i love.... you really look lovable together with the DH :heart: andddddd, you know what, you don't look like 180+ pounds at all, actually you don't look overweight at all... not to mention you don't look your age either... that probably has to do with leading a healthier life along with losing some weight :flowerforyou:

aye!
  • porka29
    Options
    kellya - I agree with purrr you don't look overweight at all, but I guess it's not what we think, it's how you feel. Those photos look like postcards, great colors.

sassie - Girl, I'm in the same dang boat with you not logging food or exercise, there's plenty of food I COULD log :laugh: :laugh: but haven't cause I'll feel too bad. So, not sure if I'm a good candidate to fix up a meal plan, let me know.

I hope all my other buddies are doing well..........................have a relaxing Sunday.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    good sunday afternoon gang!

purrr ~ thanks for the nice comments....YOU made my day!! the 'woods' are a lot more than an adventure.....nothing like being in the openess of mother nature!! :blushing: my mil made a similar comment about my age/looks. she said her own son looks a lot older than i do and we are the same age...but he is a lot over wt, so that is why i pry don't look as bad....:bigsmile: i remember the days when i was heavier than him....:embarassed:

sassie ~ this is one of my meal plans from back in March....and i have not logged anything since late March....i would say this is an estimation on calorie count by MFP, but i am/was real good about measuring and weighing food too.
    upon waking to get my metabolism going ~ 1/8 c. whole almonds (no salt)..that is about 12 almonds (85 cal)
    bkfst~ 3/4 c. bran flakes, 1/2 c skim milk, 1 tbsp milled/ground flaxseed, small banana 6-7" (255 cal)
    mid am snack ~ 1/8 c. whole walnuts (no salt)..that is about 7 halves (100 cal)
    lunch ~ Subway sandwhich (6" honey oat club, american cheese, and 'the works", lite mayo and honey mustard, sprinkled with black pepper) Laughing Cow light original Swiss cheese wedge, 7.5 Nabisco sundried tomato & basil wheat thins, 9 baby carrots ( 555 cal) *you could add the cheese wedge, carrots and crackers as an am/pm snack*....and i did this often cuz it is easy to prepare and quick to eat! :tongue:
    dinner ~ salad (2 c. lettuce, 1 tbsp chopped onion, 2 medium radishes, 1/3 c. chopped red cabbage, 1 hard boiled egg, 1/3 c. chopped red bell pepper, 1 tbsp sliced black olives, 1/8 c. finely shredded cheese, 1 tbsp each light ranch and spicy french dressing, 2 tbsp croutons) this is a huge salad and covers a normal sized dinner plate about 1-2 " high! (269 cal)
    TOTAL 1264 cal...all nutrional value was pretty good, cept the sodium was high and from the Subway.

something else i have followed in the past was the Jenny Craig formula....* you HAVE to eat the correct portion/serving size, weigh and measure foods if you are not sure * but for 1200 cal it was 2 milk, 2 fat, 2 fruit, 3 veg, 5 grain and 6 oz meat....2 servings of milk, 2 servings of fat...and so on. this way you can pick your own foods and customize to your favorites. I highly suggest you stay away from processed foods. just think healthy, natural. since May i have been limiting dairy and processed foods...my weekness is chips. this has helped a lot with my bloating stomach.... :ohwell: at the beginning of the week or even Sunday, clean, cut and pkg bags of veggies, have fruits cleaned and at hand for something quick. if you are going to eat meat, cook a whole bunch and freeze in pkg's....like chicky breasts, fish.....i like tuna so i prepared a couple cans of tuna salad and had that for lunch. eat WHOLE grains....i try to avoid the words 'enriched, bleached/unbleached' in breads, crackers. cut some fresh lemon and limes up and add to your water, a little more refreshing taste! when you are done eating, get out of the kitchen. think of foods as fueling your body, not fueling your feelings. planning and prioritizing will help you tremendously.....it's not about building a better body, it's about building a better life! your health is your platform for life, and it's got to be rock solid. do this for yourself and you only....the changing process can and will last a lifetime....it's your choice!

ok, how was that Sassie, or anyone? just tyring to get you and anyone else reading the novel motivated and pumped up. i just want to say that i am no expert here and that i am still learning....i am not a picture of health yet, and still working on the new/better habits. i want good health, longevity for everyone here. and for most of us, it is losing wt, and getting regular exercise. if anyone else can add to this, please do, i need some encouragement as well. what has worked for the rest of you? purrr, what are some other things we can eliminate slowly, simply that are good health wise?
  • kelly_a
    Options
    HI CHRISTI!!!!:smile:
  • porka29
    Options
    That was excellent kellya!!!! Sass, it doesn't get any better than that! You know, I have a problem with nuts though.............problem is I can never eat just 8 - whenever I get almonds, I can kill the can within a day or two:blushing: I sometimes hide them from myself :laugh: I got pretty good about taking my meat and separatig into 4 oz portions for bf and I by using my scale then freezing, never thought about cooking THEN freezing, interesting.
  • jacque509
    Options
    hI ALL!!
    iTS BEEN A CRAZY WEEKEND!! i BEEN GOING NONSTOP! aT LEAST i am so busy I have not been able to stuff my face!hahaha:laugh: Well thing are looking up. I feel lighter in mood. My kids are being nice, now all I have to focus on is studying for my certification test that I am taking on Aug 8th. Had lunch afterr church with my old high school friend totally givng mixed singnals. Oh well I am so not gonna get wraped in it, and just enjoy the company.
    We are fixen to break records here in Texas this 100 degree $%^& is killing us. Thank God mom and dad have a pool. I been going over there every night to cool off. The house stays to warm. Well tomorrow is Mondy and I am going to get craken again Hope everyone is doing ok
  • kelly_a
    Options
    mornin green team!

will be grocery shop'n today. everyone went back to work here today, well, cept' me :bigsmile: do we have a current challenge goin on? i am ready to get serious here and work towards my goal. need to get at least 20 more lbs off. am wondering bout doing the whole profile and goals again. i do need to find out where i am calorie wise, in and out. kinda been nice tho not loggin anything for a few mos. geezzz, OH what to do....:ohwell: has been almost 6 mos for many of us original greenies.....and i am up only about 4 lbs from my lowest. so, i guess for not being totally commited, that isn't too bad.....it could be worse, right?

hope things get lively here soon...been so quiet! been a while since we heard from miss V....hope all is well with her and the others!! plz come back ppl...we miss you and need you!! :heart:

jacque ~ good to hear from you and so glad things are gettin' sunny for you! hang in there....plz remember to take it easy. i'll try to send some northern coolness your way....might include some skeeters :bigsmile:

have a great day.....take care of YOU! :wink:
  • jacque509
    Options
    Ok I know it's Monday and we weight in on Friday, But lets set a mini challage and then we can set a new one on friday. Ok hahaha I just thought of something funny:laugh: How about every time you eat you have to do squats!! Pick a number that works for you, and I mean a number where you can feel it. And at the end of the day lets see how many occurences you have. So if you ate 3 meals and 3 snacks (also the food u sneack while cooking or preparing) that wold be 7 occurences. so anyone up to eat? I think it be funny and helpful
  • angiemcnett
    angiemcnett Posts: 429
    Options
    Great challenge! It sounds like it will motivate me to eat less often, which is a problem for me now that I am back home. I love snacking all day along. Not exercising for a month has really affected my endurance. I was up to a hour on the elliptical but now I can only do 20 minutes. I hope it doesn't take along time to get back to what I was doing. I hope everyone is having a great day!:smile:
  • jacque509
    Options
    Ok so far 3 sets of squats, snack, lunch, and just now cause I'm chewing gum hahaha anyway whats up with everyone?
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hi folks...

just home now from a long day.....after i got home and put all my groceries away, i went to the Co Fair that my niece and nephew are 4-H members of. they both showed dogs. 6 mo old Sparky ( rat terrier) came home with reserve champion! he was so darn cute! i am tired and i have not really done anything today.......but since i am gonna do this SQUAT challenge, i am leaving now to do 3 sets! thanks a lot Jacque!! i kinda like it when someone gives orders to do something!! i might add a few crunches in there as well.......oh, and is anyone here interested in doing the Couch to 5K? I am thinking of starting it when i get back from Vegas....so, time to think about it if you want, like a good 2 weeks or so from today. i need to get back into my joggin, and thought this would be easier to commit to, since it is 3x wk, for 6 wks....i think....anyone? have read many posts about on MFP and it looks very doable..... plz share ideas!!

how is everyone else doing on this fine Monday?