Eat More...Weigh Less...

Options
Quick History - Lost 110 lbs, completely stalled out for over 4 months - gaining a few of those pounds back. Could not get the scale to budge...until....

I upped my calories to equal by BMR on May 1. Put my ticker at 0 to gauge how effective this move was. So far 9 lbs down! That's with eating over 600 calories a day more than I was eating...with no change in exercise.

Changes - far more energy, never hungry, and abetter nutrition since I can include more fruits and grains in the higher calorie count.

It hasn't been long enough to see what may happen in the long run...but for now it seems to be working. If you are stalled...it might work for you too!

Replies

• jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am with you on eating more!! Good job on your loss!!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!

Would like to invite you to join us on the EAT MORE TO WEIGH LOSS BOARD!!

You will be amazed at the information and the success stories!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Eating more to weigh less is the way to go! If you'd told me before that I could be at the lowest weight of my life and eating this much food I would have laughed in your face. It works, though and I'm sooooooo much happier than I was trying to starve myself thin.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    a weight loss of 9 lbs in 13 days or 4.85 lbs/week.... wow ! ........

How many calories you eating and exercising ?
  • ashley67203
    ashley67203 Posts: 95
    Options
    Yay! Good for you for being brave enough to eat more!

I am doing this too. I haven't lost any weight but I feel awesome and I'm down from a size 10 to a size 8 just one month after increasing my caloric intake by 500 calories a day. Now I couldn't care less how much I weigh, as long as I'm happy with the way my body looks and feels now that it's FINALLY getting enough fuel.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    I've done the same, though currently I am bloating due to an increase in exercise and re-feeding so I have a lot of extra weight on due to that. But I feel 10x better.
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am trying it! This is my second day! Time will tell!
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    Im also a part of this group. I have experienced success with this method also. Congrats on your success.!!!!!
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    How do I join the group? I am thinking about increasing my calories, but a little worried since when I was eating more, I plateaued big time and since I have lowered, I am losing again, but it is slow and hard and I am wondering if I should adjust it upward. Thanks!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    How do I join the group? I am thinking about increasing my calories, but a little worried since when I was eating more, I plateaued big time and since I have lowered, I am losing again, but it is slow and hard and I am wondering if I should adjust it upward. Thanks!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less