Brazilian Butt Lift Workout (Beachbody) Reviews?

A friend of mine just gave me all the stuff for this workout program (she only used it a couple of times and barely touched any of the stuff.

I was just wondering if anyone has used it ever? I heard that its misleading and very advanced. I have some experience with yoga and pilates and stuff and I've been doing well at the gym as far as building strength.

Is it worth a try?

Let me know!

Replies

• always wanted wanted to know this myself-hope someone responds!
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Bump. been looking into this as well
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    I have not tried it myself but have had friends who did and they had fantastic results!!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    I couldn't do it because the moves were a little too advanced for me...but then again I have no sense of rhythm and am I impatient so it is hard for me to get into workouts with a lot of choreography.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    I had a friend give me hers too - she barely used them...and I think there's a reason for it.

I didn't really find any of it (I tried all 6 DVDs) to be particularly challenging and Leandro annoyed me. I can get over an annoying personality, but the fact that I really never felt any burn stopped me from using them. I'm not one to quit, but it just seemed to be a very ineffective workout (for me) so I moved onto something else.

I have found that I personally get much more of a workout from barre classes. I just expected more from BBL.
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Brazilian butt lift was not for me. It was too dancey. I tried zumba and also did not like it. I have had ChaLean Extreme for past 2 years and have started Turbo Jam this year and love them. :happy: I stopped using CE over a year and a half ago but I am back on it. It is fun and I enjoy doing it. I tried Insanity for about 6 months but the intense jumping was too much for my knees. I am also adding on Turbo Jam for cardio. I like it but I will be trying Turbo Fire next year. :tongue:

I just wish the scale would change. :grumble:
    I lost 25 lbs roughly doing ChaLean Extreme in 2010 but gained it back when I stopped. Chalene is energetic and really loves what she does. So I would definitely recommend beach body programs. If you go to beach body's website you can compare the different programs.
  • thirdday70x7
    thirdday70x7 Posts: 13 Member
    Thanks guys, yeah I started the first disc last night and it was hard for me! Even now that I'm in better shape I was still dying, plus I have like no space to do it in. I would consider doing some of the individual moves (leg lifts, etc.) as part of my nightly routine of crunches, plank, and pushups just on their own, but I don't think I'm gonna get very far on this. I'll keep trying though, maybe I just need to get used to it.

The guy who hosts the discs though is like a Brazilian Richard Simmons, which is kinda annoying.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Out of curiosity, how long are the workouts? I can fit in a 30 - 45 minute workout but things like the P90x are just too much of a time commitment with a family, house and full time job to consider. Please don't give me the "if you wanted to make time for it you would". I DO make time for a 30 - 45 minute workout and longer on certain days, I just don't want to take 90 minutes a day away from everything else that I HAVE to do as well. Thanks.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    I am a beachbody coach, and I love BBL, it is a great workout, and don't get me wrong, you will SWEAT your butt off with it! My office manager lost 16lbs with the program! Leandro is AWESOME!
  • dlibonati
    dlibonati Posts: 99 Member
    Going to try it this week - interested what everyone else thinks.
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    I am also a beachbody coach and I have been doing this for 5 weeks now. I have lost inches and 3 lbs. I am very curvy so it is working. I may not like all the workouts but I know it is working. I am going to be doing it for 60 days. If you have any questions or concerns about it, message me and I can tell you all about it.

Julianne
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    I wanna try BBL as well. My weight sits in my lower body, hips, butt, thighs and this is what it focuses on, so might be a good fit.
  • klchapm
    klchapm Posts: 5 Member
    I have done BBL before...yes, Leandro is not my fave, BUT, the workouts do work! It was the first time ever that I felt sore in my butt muscles! Not just hips and thighs, but actual butt cheek muscles! If the instructor bothers you that much, mute the TV and turn on your own music. As for it being "too advanced" --everything can be modified, and you will get better with practice (just like anything else in life).
  • amyeski
    amyeski Posts: 1
    I am on week 6 of BBL. I love it. I dont feel it is a hig calorie burner as some of the other programs like Insanity or P90X, but after having kids my butt sagged. The first time I used BBL my booty went to being high and round again. I think if you can get over the instructor then you will love it.
  • mlacher1
    mlacher1 Posts: 1 Member
    I know this post is old, but I just heard about this workout. Did anyone end up with good results?